Ratings for Dr. Vilas Prabhu

I've seen Dr. Prabhu on several occasions. He removed 2 separate basal cell carcinomas, one on my scalp, the other on my lip. The scar on my lip separated. He said if I didn't like it he would fix it for free. And he did. I even brought up another issue for which I didn't get a referral and be looked into that anyway.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

I have seen this doc five times, he barely examines me, asks weird over-personal questions and just kept throwing antibiotics at me. The fifth visit he just said, 'well, you're young, you will probably get over it,' this after 9 different times of taking antibiotics. A swab was never even done. Go to someone else.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

My visits with Dr. Prabhu have been a totally positive experience. He is a caring professional who diagnosed and assessed a (what turned out to be quite large) basal cell carcinoma on my face and expedited my referral to Vancouver for a Mohs procedure to remove. In the absence of dermatologists operating outside of the lower mainland who work within the BC Medical system we are truly blessed to have this health care professional providing assistance to patients who would have no other resource available to them because of this gap in the BC Medical care system . I had another consultation with him this morning, again to provide that all important basic assessment and referral for biopsy on another skin growth on my face. Thank you Dr. Prabhu.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Prabu. From the removal of a saliva gland tumor back in 2004 to currently helping with an ear problem, he has been the utmost professional. He has a reputation as one of the leaders in his field.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I have seen Dr. Prabhu for many years and have never ever had a negative experience with him. He is more than a physician. He is very intuitive and philosophical and addresses more than the physical nature of health issues. He is very caring, kind and really hears what you have to say.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Prabhu is a very caring & compassionate man who genuinely wants the best care for his patients. A true testament to his profession. Rod Langley

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Thank you Dr Prabu-in this small town we are very lucky to have such an accomplished specialist. He has done surgery 2x on my young daughter, once for ear tubes and the second time for adenectomy. Both surgeries were very successful. He is a very busy man and we did have some complications with anti-biotics after the first surgery but when I called his office to discuss they were very helpful and even offered to have me talk to him about our specific issue-how many times do you call a specialist and you don't even get to talk to the receptionist, let alone are able to talk to the physician...anyhow, they are often running a little lat but really it is just that can be very chatty, also he is very caring to our young children when they are being examined; we really are very fortunate to have someone of his caliber working in our community.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I had a very bad ear ache for just about two months,I went to see Dr. Prabhu and within a week I had no pain and my ear was great,he was very gentle with the ear as it was so sore,my family Dr. called on a tuesday afternoon and I got in to see Dr.Prabhu the next morning,I am so pleased with his service and the great staff. Thank you Cindy

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr. Prabu listened to my concerns where I had been dismissed by a Kelowna ENT. I had severe sleep apnea and it was wrecking me. I had a comprehensive sleep study before and after my surgery and he fixed the problem. Thank you! My guess is that people complaining about his bedside manor are simply thrown off by someone who knows his field and gets down to business. He made a big difference in my health, my sleep and my life. I also don't snore any more which makes me a better sleep partner. Gentlemen, do your partner a favour and get your stuff fixed.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Run far away! Do NOT let him do any procedures on you. Has anyone checked his credentials? He should not be doing any dermatological procedures. He is rude, arrogant, and an embarrassment to the medical field.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016