Ratings for Dr. Vilas Prabhu

I have seen Dr. Prabhu for many years and have never ever had a negative experience with him. He is more than a physician. He is very intuitive and philosophical and addresses more than the physical nature of health issues. He is very caring, kind and really hears what you have to say.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Prabhu is a very caring & compassionate man who genuinely wants the best care for his patients. A true testament to his profession. Rod Langley

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Thank you Dr Prabu-in this small town we are very lucky to have such an accomplished specialist. He has done surgery 2x on my young daughter, once for ear tubes and the second time for adenectomy. Both surgeries were very successful. He is a very busy man and we did have some complications with anti-biotics after the first surgery but when I called his office to discuss they were very helpful and even offered to have me talk to him about our specific issue-how many times do you call a specialist and you don't even get to talk to the receptionist, let alone are able to talk to the physician...anyhow, they are often running a little lat but really it is just that can be very chatty, also he is very caring to our young children when they are being examined; we really are very fortunate to have someone of his caliber working in our community.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I had a very bad ear ache for just about two months,I went to see Dr. Prabhu and within a week I had no pain and my ear was great,he was very gentle with the ear as it was so sore,my family Dr. called on a tuesday afternoon and I got in to see Dr.Prabhu the next morning,I am so pleased with his service and the great staff. Thank you Cindy

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Dr. Prabu listened to my concerns where I had been dismissed by a Kelowna ENT. I had severe sleep apnea and it was wrecking me. I had a comprehensive sleep study before and after my surgery and he fixed the problem. Thank you! My guess is that people complaining about his bedside manor are simply thrown off by someone who knows his field and gets down to business. He made a big difference in my health, my sleep and my life. I also don't snore any more which makes me a better sleep partner. Gentlemen, do your partner a favour and get your stuff fixed.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Run far away! Do NOT let him do any procedures on you. Has anyone checked his credentials? He should not be doing any dermatological procedures. He is rude, arrogant, and an embarrassment to the medical field.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I had an infected sinus and was referred to dr Prabhu in May. The infection was due to my sinus being pictured by my dentist when doing a root canal. After my cat scan he seen me the same day even though he was fully booked. He then recommended antibiotics and did s sinus wash the next day. I was super impressed by his concern ,he ability to help me right away. He cares for his patients and takes time to explain everything g and follow up is exceptional. His staff in his office are great and so is his assistant at the hospital. I could not have been in better hands. Thank you Dr Prabhu !!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I have seen Dr. Prabhu for several years to treat both my children for several different issues such as hearing and tonsils. Vilas has always been kind, compassionate, and considerate to our children's different ailments. We have had a very positive experience whether in his office or at the Penticton hospital on surgery days with his care and attention. We have found him to be non-discriminatory and accommodating to our Bible based beliefs as Jehovah's Witnesses also. We can only highly recommend Dr. Vilas Prabhu and thank him for his many years of medical care. The kids appreciate his lollipops too!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Dr Prabhu is kind, compassionate and a very thorough Doctor. I went to see him for a specific ear problem while experiencing several other complicated medical issues. Through his diligent recognition of the bigger picture medical issues and his referrals to other specialists he helped me to get to the root cause of the issue. Even though his office is full of people waiting to see him, he takes the time to fully understand the bigger medical picture and works hard to insure that each individual has the very best care. An absolute gem in the world of specialists. I appreciate his sense of humour and his warmth and sincerity come across in every interaction. I recommend him so highly!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

He is very quick to diagnose an issue. I walked in and briefly explained my issue, he looked up my nose and quickly asked for surgery. After a few questions the appointment was made and I got an operation. It went well recovery was quick and I never had any issues since. (I had a crooked septum and that caused many nasal issues for years) I talked to a friend and he had a silver patch of hair on his head, walked in, he was told that it was non-cancerous and my friend got a lollipop and left.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Vilas Prabhu's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Top Urgent Care Centers in Penticton, BC