Ratings for Dr. Patricia P. Buchanan

River Road Medical group gives sub standard care. Find a real doctor and don't waste your time. This place is dangerous with lack of professional care. Misdiagnosis, no diagnosis, no follow up... Seriously glad I found a new doctor!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I cannot rate Mrs. Buchanan as a Doctor. My Mother was a Registered Nurse, so I lived around Doctor's most of My life. My regular Doctor left this office for a better job. And I should have left with Him, the offer was there. But anyway this is how it went down. I am a Truck Driver, this is how I make a living I have High Blood Pressure ocassinally and had run out of medication, My refill's had been used up. Had been more than 2 or 3 weeks without medication ,so Mrs. Buchanan says here's you medication see Me in a week. Knowing that's not long enough for the medication to build up in My system I come back in a week. And My blood pressure is not low enough . Her asistant give Me a handful of children coloring pages stating how Hypertension is the silent killer and say's I'm going to turn you in to DMV for a DRIVER-AT- RISK Program She looks at Me and say's your going to STROKE and I'm thinking to Myself "not before You do". So, I work in a wilderness area ...no cell tower's...That was Friday. By Monday I'm thinking I better get ahold of My old Dr. and see if He'll take Me back and He did. But, I have to wait a week to see Him. By tuesday I have 18 or 19 message's of harrassment calls from Her assistant and the 19th call they are laughing about this Sh+t. I'm so pissed. How RUUD? I go back to My old Doctor and He's given Me a new prescription and the first dose I am 104/64!!! So, now I have DMV messin' with Me every year with these B.S. fraudulent form asking Me things like "how often do you pass out from Your medication"? I've lost a month of work with license suspension's.....Mrs. Buchanan know's nothing about blood pressure.....Have you ever heard of people that pretend to be certain kind's of people....Just a question?

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

This ignorant and arrogant woman took one 2 minute look at me, sent me to get a (medically unnecessary and needlessly expensive) ultrasound, and said come back in 2 weeks! I took myself to another (competent and professional) doctor who after 10 minutes told me it was a simple infection, which I had asked her about, because I thought it had to be that, and treated it with antibiotics. She had me thinking it was cancer, and she wanted me to see all of these specialists. I swear she must get some kind of kick back, otherwise why all of the expensive tests when I was clear I had no insurance and was on a budget...a really awful person with no regard for a person's feelings or fears, and absolutely zero bedside manner. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I feel very frustrated and believe this phisician lacks competency. She diagnosed me with two bogus stomach conditons. After an emergency run to the E.R and months of suffering I took a probiotic and my pain dissapeared almost instantly. Also upon a recent visit for scalp itch she briefly looked at my scalp and provided no further investigation and sent me home. Well, my partner just was diagnosed with staph infection of his scalp and I am equally as itchy and uncomfortable. I am done. I believe this Dr has manufactured more illness then she has cured.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

This woman would have killed me if I had proceeded with the recommended treatment. She diagnosed me with Sciatica. gave me pain medication and Bextra. Bextra is not to be taken by people who are allergic to penicillin which I found when I looked it up on the internet. I am allergic and that I know was clearly addressed in my chart. After suffering for several more days I went to the emergency room. I spent the next five weeks in the hospital being treated for Necrotizing Fasciitis. I only kept my leg because of the wonderful work the surgeon did and the great care I got here and in Portland. When I mentioned her name many friends and co-workers agreed with me about how much they didn't like her. Some only saw her once and all had a negative response.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011

I saw her one time and that was enough. I had horrible pain in my heels when I would walk. Her advice was to take aspirin. At the time I had no idea what a heel spur actually was (she didn't explain) but she told me the aspirin would dissolve it. I eventually found another doctor who took xrays, explained several different options and took care of me. Personally I don't think I'd waste money going to the medical college she did as it doesn't take a genius to know that aspirin does not dissolve bone. On top of everything the waiting area was dark and very crowded. Icky place and doctor IMO.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2008

I had this most horrible experiance with this doctor. She is very arrogant and very ignorant. It has been a many years since she nearly killed me with her ignorance of thyroid disease. I had gone to her because I wanted to lose weight. She said she would treat me for this problem only if I stopped my thyroid medicine, she felt I didn't need it. Well it nearly killed my when my Hashimotos throid disease returned in full force causing my heart to be overworked when the disease went hyper instead of hypo. Well I lost plenty of weight alright...and I almost lost my life. I then had to have radiation treatment to kill my thyroid. I should have sued her for malpractice, but I was much too sick for way to long and could not handle the stress.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Not friendly, not on time, very arrogant and have heard similar from others who were PAST patients. Lost my chart and then tried to treat an ongoing problem with incorrect medication. I would like to invite her to sit in my office for a couple of hours and let me waste her time.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2006

Dr. Patricia P. Buchanan's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Capital Blue Cross