Ratings for Dr. Erica Donnelly

She is very aggressive, intimidating and cold; not a good combo when a patient is already feeling vulnerable, scared, or embarrassed. Of course a person can "tell it like it is" but a doctor should have some decorum or display some empathy for a patient who is going to HER (the "expert") for help. I went to her for her "expert" opinion and she gave me 4 options to deal with my health issue which made me even more confused. I don't know the best course of action, that's why I consulted her! Then she argued with me and made me feel like an idiot because I didn't know which option to choose. She is one of the worst doctors I've ever had. The only reason I'm still going to her is because I haven't found another doctor yet. She has no compassion at all. She never took a medical history from me, and won't give me a physical. She only deals with health issues reactively, not proactively. I have no faith in her at all.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

This doctor makes my blood boil. She misdiagnosed my medical problem for the last two years. The worst bedside manner I've ever encountered. She talks to her computer not to you. She cuts you off and does not listen to any of your concerns. I have no faith in her abilities. I highly advise not going to see her.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

All of these comments on tihs post are right. Dr. Donnelly can be very rude - I refer to her as my veterinarian doctor, because that's what she should be. On the other hand, she's very dogged about finding things out. No doctor knows it all, overall I think she's clearly above average in knowledge. Rock bottom in bedside manner tho. :P

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

Dr Donnelly is a joke, and as soon as I can find another DR, I will not be seeing her anymore. She is incompetent, and thinks she knows everything. She has a horrible bedside manner, and cuts you off and doesn't listen. I am suprised that her license hasn't been taken away from her yet, or that people even bother to see her anymore. Perhaps, its only cause there are no other available Dr's. I only go to her to get my prescriptions, but if it was anything important, i would prefer to see an oncall DR at Emerg. They would have more knowledge of my condition, seeing me for the first time, than Dr Donnelly, who just insists she knows everything without listening. I seriously hope she looses her practice. She is just HORRIBLE.. (Ps. she gets you to believe she cares by the first couple visits, after that you'll see a new side of her.. trust me.. )

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

Dr. Erica Donnelly may be the best family physician I have ever dealt with. She is very knowledgeable and sensitive, despite what other posters may feel. All of her diagnoses have been 100% correct and her care and follow-up skills should definitely be commended. I was diagnosed with Crohn's and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and would not have been able to return to normal were it not for her attention. It seems to me that many of the poor ratings given to her were because of over-sensitive patients. The wait times are sometimes long, but an appointment with Erica is well worth the wait. A+!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

Dr. Donnelly doesn't deserve the nasty comments left by some. I have been a patient for almost five years, and although it took me a couple of visits to used to her demeanor, I think very highly of her and the care she provides. If I have a concern, she follows up and explains things to my satisfaction, refers me to a specialist as required and has more than once called me personally if a bloodtest required a change in my medication. I usually bring a little list to her and she always addresses each concern. Patients should not be unfairly rating the quality of her knowledge and helpfullness on the amount of 'warm and fuzzy feelings' she does or doesn't generate. They might find her abrupt.... I'd call her to the point. I think she genuinely cares and is a good physician providing good care.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2008

Dr. Donnelly is not a good listener and wants to know more about facts and figures than listening to her patient and getting to know him. I ended up doubting how I was feeling after my visit with her. She seems to know her medicine but she would probably put her skills to much better use by teaching and not dealing one-on-one with patients. I was very disappointed, and intimidated by her arrogance and sarcasm. It's rather disconcerting when a doctor questions your being there and makes such comments as: "It doesn't matter to me if you don't want to take this medication. I don't care, it's your life!" Need I say more?

flag | Submitted January 16, 2008

Dr. Donnelly is a very rude and unprofessional doctor. She accused me of feeding my 8 month old daughter nothing but cake and chocolate because she is big for her age (she is in the 99th percentile, but she is proportionate when it comes to weight and height). She then followed up by saying that my child will copy my habits and definately become overweight because I am. She has not given me any sort of pap test or check up since I have given birth (I specifically went in for that). She did not seem at all concerned that cervical cancer runs in my family. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. She is very rude and hurtful.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2007

Do not take your children to this doctor! She has absolutely no skill in dealing with little ones. My 21 month old son was afraid of her (probably due to a traumatic experience he had with another physician at the same clinic)and she did nothing to soothe or calm him whatsoever. She prescribed antibiotics for tonsilitis without testing to see whether the infection was bacterial or viral because she felt he would be uncooperative in obtaining a swab sample. She was abrupt and curt, telling me that his crying was "the sound of a child in pain" and that he should be given pain medication. She seemed annoyed with him and with me for my attempts at calming him. When I explained that he was simply scared of her and the office (he had barely cried or whined at all until entering her office) she acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. I left the office frustrated and concerned. My son left thinking that the doctor is a scary person. We will not return.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

She told me i was anorexic(I'm curvy and i weigh a hea1t 20 pounds).Prescribed me a needle that i luckily didn't use,when i actually went to use it a year later she told me i had to be 21 to use it, she prescribed it when as 20. Once i took a blood test,said she would call me within a week or 2 IF something came up.she never called ..about a year later i went to her complaining about the same symptoms,and she snapped at me telling me that I don't take care of myself and I should've called to check about my blood tests. which turned out something WAS wrong.I had a problem with my BC pills and wanted to switch to a different brand, asked her for her opinion, she said we can try all of them..she rushes me out of her office every time wit none of my questions answered..I asked her when I should get a PAP test.. she said once every 3 years..she keeps prescribing nasal spray even though I don't have any problems..I can go on, but you get the point.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2007