Ratings for Dr. Keith Burk

I have been a patient of Dr Burk for many years. He and his staff are busy but very competent and knowledgeable. Sometimes there is a considerable wait to see him. However, overall I find him to be a very good Dr. He listens carefully and he sent me for an Ultrasound that detected cancer. I did not have typical symptoms and I feel he contributed greatly to saving my life. He is busy with cosmetic patients also but in my opinion, that I does not diminishes his caring for medical patients in any way.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

I’m surprised to see the negative comments and assumptions that there is a preference towards cosmetic procedures vs. OHIP. When you book an appointment you get the next available slot, just like any other practise. Dr. Burke is a professional, he is extremely knowledgeable and seemingly across a lot of the main specialities. He listens carefully and asks questions then he provides his thoughts and any context to support his diagnosis or recommendations. He often provides additional information on new studies or treatment options around the problem which shows that he is progressive, has interest in you and committed to his profession. He also is well connected and knows the local specialists for medical referrals he only ever sends you to the top 10% (i’ve had the bottom 1% - don’t go there, and always check this site). I find that he treats my family well, He’s not there to give you a hug and he’s not a therapist, he’s there to preserve life and provide medical care and attention for his patients. To be honest when I first met him, I wasn’t overly fond of his approach or attitude but attitude is usually in response to yours. He’s professional, it’s a busy clinic so don’t waste his time or his staffs and treat them as you would yourself. Now I’ve got to know him and vice-versa, I’ve got complete respect for him and the extensive knowledge he has, his professional approach and more importantly I trust him and so does my family.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Burk is very knowledgeable. I'm very impressed with every service I've had with him!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

i have been very pleased with Dr. Burk and his staff at the office. Very impressed with his medical knowledge and concern for his medical patients health. When i am sick i feel i get the correct diagnosis with the correct medication to get better. i am seen in a timely manner and with respect and concern. Dr. Burk is constantly taking courses and upgrading his skills so i feel he is very current with his medical advise. Would recommend him to family and friends as he is completely competent and caring to his patients. May have to wait a bit to be seen but well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Great Doctor he is very good what he does. Very luck to have a doctor that trains doctors around the world!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

He is hands down the worst physician I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. He will only treat you with respect and "grace you with his presence" if you are receiving some sort if cosmetic procedure. You can tell he also has been very forthcoming with testing these procedures on himself as every time I see him he gets shinier and shiner, but never more pleasant as a person. Prepare to wait well over an hour and a half after your appointment time to see him, as hell be rushing in cosmetic patients faster than you can blink while you sit there slowly dying. They never, and I mean never answer their phones, I assume they must have a Seco day number for cosmetic patients, and simply ignore the family practice patients, as that could be the only way to explain how they get so much business. I tell everyone I meet his name and why he is horrible, and they almost don't believe that a doctor can be that terrible a person, but lo' and behold, Dr. Keith Burk. Go to a walk in clinic. I do constantly and haven't been dropped as a patient, but I dare them to. Trust your medical issues with literally anyone else. They really don't even have to be a doctor at this point.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

Terrible Dr.....Terrible Practice....Wouldn't wish his service to my worst enemy

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

It's unbelievable how little regard this office has for anyone else and anyone else's time .... I have had this dr since I was a teenager and unless you are having cosmetic surgery no one Cares. I don't understand how a man can run his business in this manner. He should be ashamed of himself and his staff

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I like Dr Burk I just wish he paid as much attention to his OHIP patients as he does the cosmetic surgery customers. Still difficult to get through on the phone.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Burk's for over 20 years. His patient care has gone steadily down hill since he started providing cosmetic procedures. I too, have sat in his office waiting for an appointment while several women who clearly didn't look sick but looked very "tight" went in and out ahead of me. He is arrogant, he is rushed, his heart is no longer in being a family GP. I too, have tried for days to make an appointment, however, I do not blame Heather. I think Heather is wonderful, I think she does a great job in horrible circumstances. The saving grace of this practice is the NP June. She actually listens to you, cares about you, and works to find a solution that is best for you. I think she is amazing and is the ONLY reason I continue with this practice. I agree with a previous statement "sometimes nothing is betther than something". Don't join this practice, keep looking and I am sure you will find a much better place where the Dr. actually cares.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016