Ratings for Dr. Salim M. Walji

Dr. Walji is a great doctor that will be candid and forthcoming and did an amazing job with my Father's care.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Dr. Walji and his staff are consummate professionals. I knew upon our first meeting that I would be in very competent hands for my bypass surgery. The entire process from initial interview, through surgery and recovery I never lost the sense that he was watching over my health and life. I am thankful to all of the staff at Lovelace Heart Hospital as well. May God bless them all, and especially my good friend Dr. Walji.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

We could not have been more pleased with a physician and his staff. My husband had an allergic reaction to the pre-op medications and they were right there when we called. He was out of town and called twice as the first call he was still on the plane, and then then called back and was 100% helpful and concerned about the whole situation. The operation went wonderful and the operative staff was attentive and kept me informed. His hospital care could not have been better. The most wonderful nurses were there and Dr. Walji was there every day, sometimes more. My husband was released from the hospital on Saturday and we were asked to call Sunday morning. Dr. Walji himself called us a half hour before the time to call him saying "it would be easier than going through the phone service." That is someone that cares greatly about what he does, the people he is working with, and the families. We would recommend him any and every day!!! Thanks for great care during a very difficult time!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

From the first meeting with Delilah, we knew that we were in the best care that we could ever be in and we were RIGHT!. Took the time to explain things to us, never felt rushed. Most caring and compassionate man that I have ever dealt with in Medicine. If you need a cardiothoracic surgeon then you can do no better than this man. He even called when he was out of town, we were out of the woods and it was after 4 days after so not in any real danger at that point, to check to make sure my wife was still doing ok.....Who does that? Only a caring man does that. Our last visit he said that we no longer need to come see him, but if we felt like we needed to talk to him "please feel free to give me a call" he said. We were very lucky to get the surgery done by this man. Do what he says and you will do great he said and he was right... now 3 weeks after every day I can see the improvements with the wife.. great Surgeon can do no better.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Walji is an amazing and highly knowledgeable surgeon! from the moment you walk in and are greeted by his office manager Delilah, to the time you leave its a welcoming and educational experience! My family and I knew exactly what to expect from start to finish! Thank you Dr. Walji & Delilah! you are a great team!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Dr. Walji performed my Heart Surgery on March 11, 2011. I had my Mitral Valve replaced with a Cows Valve and Tricuspid Valve fixed. Dr. Walji is the Best, if I had ever had to do it again or have family members or close friends that need a heart procedure, I would only Pick Dr. Walji to do procedure. He is a perfectionist when it comes to recovering from procedure and makes sure you do what you need to do to recover. I've always said that when it comes to the most important things in Life, was God, Family, Friends. I now say this....God, Family, Dr. Walji, then Friends. That's how much I love the Man. Delilah is his Office Manager and she is 1st class. I go and visit them whenever I'm at the Hospital.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Walji is the most sincere and compassionate doctor I have ever met. He is very thorough. I never felt that I was ever being rushed out of his office when I had my appointments before surgery. In July of 2012, I had a double valve replacement (aortic and mitral). I was taken in at 7:30 in the morning for a 9 1/2 hour surgery and later I found out that he did not leave the hospital until midnight. I was in the hospital for 7 days and he came to see me every day that I was there, even on his off days. He does everything possible to make the surgery and recovery as comfortable as possible. He is very strict when it comes to following his rules, but gives his word that he would give 500% as long as I did the same. Dr. Walji is a very humble man who is sure that you know that the credit goes to God before it goes to him. He constantly asks you to pray for him and all his patients. Dr. Walji, thank you for being God's instrument to help save my life. James

flag | Submitted August 29, 2012

During my pre-surgery appointments, Dr. Walji allowed me and my husband all th time we needed to ask questions and have him explain things. He listens intently and focuses in on what the patient's concerns are. As for the surgery/hospital experience, Dr. Walji did not simply do my open-heart surgery; he stayed with me and my case throughout my hospital stay, coming to visit me once or twice a day (again allowing me and my husband the time to ask questions) and calling the nurses at all hours to inquire how I was doing and sometimes order changes in medications or treatments. Dr. Walji is known as a surgeon who works to make sure every detail of the surgery and care are right; I believe him when he says he gives 200%.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Dr. Walji is a very skilled and knowledgeable heart surgeon, and cares greatly for his patients. He took good care of me recently when he replaced my aortic valve, and I highly recommend him. He saved my life. Thanks Dr. Walji!! Ray Lujan, Las Vegas, New Mexico

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

The best Albuquerque has to offer. Will not change and will use him again. Double bi-pass 3 years ago and doing great. He gave me back my life and I am forever in his debt. God Bless him.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

Dr. Salim M. Walji's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1976)

AARP