Ratings for Dr. Trevor Stone

Always explains what should be done and why, very friendly. The clinic is very busy so be prepared not to waste anyone's time with idle chat. My visits (personal exp) very brief but very informative. He has amazing staff who does go above and beyond to help patients.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I had a right knee replacement May 2014 a year prior to my retirement. Since the surgery I have lost 55 lbs and my activities and level of are better than they were 10 years prior to my surgery. Dr. Stone obviously knew what he was doing, was extremely professional as we're his staff.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Just had my stone examined by Dr.Stone. My son is 15 and was in a lot of pain due to a broken ankle. Dr. Stone did not introduce himself or even make any idle chit chat with us. He just rattled off his medical jargon and left with saying goodbye. We had to ask the nurse for a prescription for pain medication as the doctor didn't even offer that! He might be a fantastic surgeon (I can't comment on that) but his bedside manner and the way he addresses patients needs some definite refinement!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I had a full knee replacement done by Dr Stone two weeks ago. My recovery has been a textbook case and Dr Stone visited me every day including the weekend while I was in hospital. He is efficient and ensured I knew what to expect each part of my recovery. He was compassionate in the OR as I was nervous. His office staffperson is a true gem. Knowledgeable, kind and again efficient.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

When it comes to surgery, neuro, ortho whatever, I wish there were two ratings - one for skill and one for bedside manner. When it comes to being operated on - I would look at the former and not the latter. For a GP bedside manner absolutely counts. For surgeons who are over-worked due to a boom in population and not a corresponding infrastructure to meet the demand - skill, skill, skill, is all that matters to me.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Trevor Stone initially made repairs to a fracture of my right distal femur, broken in an MVA and repaired by another surgeon in the emergency OR (quite badly). As a result of these two surgeries, my right leg was 1.5 inches shorter than my left. Subsequently, Dr. Stone replaced my right knee, badly damaged with osteo arthritis, and was able to regain all but one quarter inch of the length of my leg. I can not speak highly enough of his skill, knowledge, intelligence, and his very real understanding of the needs and concerns of his patients. I would give him six stars if I could!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Stone and his team. He took me in on a very full schedule, but due to the severity of my injury and need for reconstruction of my tibia, he and Paula truly accommodated me. I have healed more in the first month than I did in the 10 months prior while being stuck overseas where the injury and previous 4 surgeries oriniglaly occurred. For example, while it was initially anticipated I'd need to wait 2 months until weight baring after his surgery, it went SO well, I was immediately allowed to apply weight as tolerated. Having been struggling with 2 broken legs and multiple surgeries already for the past year, I cannot STRESS enough how amazing his expertise, staff and overall experience was. I was fairly surprised to see the negative comments on his professional bedside manner, and I believe these statements speak more about the patients than they do about the good doctor himself. What we need to remember as a patient, are that doctors are overworked, over-stressed and taxed to a point of breaking on a regular basis. Simply because he did not "coo" enough to an adult should in no way, undermine his expertise and knowledge as a professional. Personally, Dr. Stone strikes me an introvert but in no way did I feel he lacked compassion and bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I just had my full knee replacement done by Dr. Stone almost 4 weeks ago and I am very pleased with the results. He is a fantastic surgeon and if you follow his instructions for post operative care the recovery is speedy and less painful. One of the items he told me to get for post op was a Bregg Cold Therapy machine which reduced the swelling and alleviated the pain tremendously. I read with interest the review from the wife of one of his patients below and while I agree that he is a "man of few words" I'm not looking for a new best friend but a competent surgeon while I truly believe he is.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr. Stone is the most insensitive Dr. that I have ever met when I took my husband to see him. I strongly agree to some of the comments made about him, arrogant and will only see you for a second. He never asked my husband what kind of pain is he getting, he looked at his ankle and just walk away and wrote him a prescription for pain. He never addressed his air boot that when he wears it his foot becomes bluish to black in color due to poor circulation, instead he said just keep using it. Being a doctor is not just being knowledgeable within the scope of your practice ( not sure if he is anyways) but how you emphatize with your patients. DR. TREVOR STONE my personal message to you! Your patients are human beings, coming to you because they need your help, be kind, compasionate and sensitive ( you don't have all of this) , not all of them have your money, even before prescribing medications make sure to find out what can they afford, there are a lot of alternatives if your patients can hardly afford them. My advise to all of you whose being referred to Dr. Trevor Stone, please ask you physician to refer you to a different specialist because I can guarantee you there no other specialist who will treat you like a piece of sh_t worst than Dr. Stone. He asked my husband to go back after a month, no thank you, we are going to ask for a new referral to another Specialist. Your attitude and care towards your patients is not acceptable.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Had a knee replacement done by Dr Stone with excellent results.Up walking with a cane at 1 week post surgery.Physio ok'd this.Flexion and extension coming along at just over 2Weeks.He I doesn't waste time but answers questions well.I'll take good results over a outgoing personality any day and should my other knee need doing he will do it.Having worked as part of another cast clinic this one is no better or worse than others so to those who complain about the wait check out others and see for yourself

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016