Ratings for Dr. Trevor Stone

Can't say enough good things about Dr. Stone and Paula just thank you thank you thank you

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Great doctor and Paula is amazing. Very helpful especially living so far away.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

My pelvis was severely broken, he repaired it, rods and screws etc. Top notch surgeon,with an amazing team around him!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

My toddler broke her leg and got it cast in plaster at the ER. We were referred to Dr Stone by the ER Doctor and received a call the next day from Dr Stones office with an appointment later that day. Dr Stone and all his staff were very professional and compassionate with my toddler who was definitely on edge. There were no wait times for both of our visits and all of our questions were answered thoroughly. I found Dr Stone to be a competent and intelligent Doctor. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I initially saw Dr. Stone in February 2015 and he confirmed that a total knee replacement was required. My GP is kind of a no-nonsense kind of guy, so I am okay with little being said during an appointment. I was scheduled for surgery (via a cancellation) in August and prior to my surgery I had an appointment. Dr. Stone answered all my questions and filled in the blanks for me. I certainly can't complain about that - I went into surgery well informed. I was a little surprised I didn't see him after surgery, but was more than well taken care of at Eagleridge, so that was okay. I will say he does excellent work; he has high expectations for your first appointment but is very compassionate if you don't quite get to that initial flexion and extension. He has seen me on two separate occasions since surgery - and yes, try not to get scheduled into his cast clinic. The wait is no fun two or three weeks after surgery. I did see him again in December ... and they are certainly willing to see you if you have concerns. I've heard some people say that once their surgery is over, they can't book another appointment with their OS until the one year mark. So ... if you are looking for warm and fuzzy (or better yet, need it) then Dr. Stone may not be the guy for you. If you are looking for expertise, education and solid medical advice .. I would choose him. Fortunately, my left knee doesn't need replacement; however I would go to Dr. Stone again. My right knee is healing well, especially in light of some of the stories I've heard from others across Canada, the US and UK. I was initially unsure and probably had expectations of not a great experience (because of reviews on here), when I went to Dr. Stone .. but again, he was caring - explained everything, showed me my x-rays from prior and post TKR.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

I have never met a more arrogant, rude doctor in my life. I also have never been talked down to by a doctor until I saw Dr. Stone! He barely spoke to me during my appointment and treated me like he had better and much more important things to do. I too have better things to do than deal with an @#%hole of a doctor who thinks he's better than the rest of the human race. I have since found a fantastic surgeon and can only say good riddance to the "famous" Dr. Stone !!!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Made us wait over THREE HOURS! Then didn't even see me for more than a minute - had some student who (a) had very poor English comprehension - (b) was left "in the dark" as to what was going on...after waiting several hours at his fracture clinic initially, he saw me less than a minute, then an assistant fitted me with the wrong sized boot - so extreme, I fell over several times and reinjured myself. went in to get an "even-up boot" (which is not a boot at all but a foam "platform of about an inch - so, useless - and $70). The instructions were crytic because they were not written in lay language - (even the physiotherapist I saw couldn't believe how obtuse they were) - Dr. Stone even wrote, after I complained in writing, that he was going to finally make instructions legible/understandable to his patients; but he wouldn't take any responsibility nor apologize for the chaos of his practice or the ill-fitting equipment, etc.) The office was chaotic, the assistant very stressed-out, both assistant and receptionist impersonal and impatient; a line-up (both times I went) just to make a follow-up appt.; to add insult to (literally) injury, his receptionist called me on the Friday before a long wknd and left a voicemail saying I needed to come in for a follow-up appt. No mention of a date. Apparently, she made one for that following Monday . They have no voicemail. What doctor's office makes an appt for someone (in this way) without first checking if they can get/be there? I called Monday afternoon and was told I had missed my appt! Then, to top it off, dr. Stone calls my family doctor to state - (my doctor concurred: what an ego!) - that I am "not welcome back"; now, still unable to walk because I was not only not helped by Stone, but reinjured by his neglect, basically - 8 months later, I received an overdue bill stating I owe $70 for this lousy "step-up" (that was so useless, although it had ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR, I brought it back to his office, along with the too-large boot and left it there. I mean, this is just over-the-top abuse like I have never , ever experienced in my life.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Excellent surgeon . Went the extra mile to diagnose my broken hip. Great surgery and very thorough follow-up afterwards. Would recommend him in a blink!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Every appointment we have had we have waited at least 45 minutes

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I also had a great experience with Dr. Stone who did my knee replacement. His manner is friendly and professional. He took time to listen to me and to give good explanations regarding the procedure. He came highly recommended as he did my daughter's hip replacement. My knee is great and I recuperated very quickly. Yes, he would be my first choice for an orthopaedic surgeon! Having worked in RCH I think I can speak from experience regarding surgeons!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015