You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Trevor Stone

Made us wait over THREE HOURS! Then didn't even see me for more than a minute - had some student who (a) had very poor English comprehension - (b) was left "in the dark" as to what was going on...after waiting several hours at his fracture clinic initially, he saw me less than a minute, then an assistant fitted me with the wrong sized boot - so extreme, I fell over several times and reinjured myself. went in to get an "even-up boot" (which is not a boot at all but a foam "platform of about an inch - so, useless - and $70). The instructions were crytic because they were not written in lay language - (even the physiotherapist I saw couldn't believe how obtuse they were) - Dr. Stone even wrote, after I complained in writing, that he was going to finally make instructions legible/understandable to his patients; but he wouldn't take any responsibility nor apologize for the chaos of his practice or the ill-fitting equipment, etc.) The office was chaotic, the assistant very stressed-out, both assistant and receptionist impersonal and impatient; a line-up (both times I went) just to make a follow-up appt.; to add insult to (literally) injury, his receptionist called me on the Friday before a long wknd and left a voicemail saying I needed to come in for a follow-up appt. No mention of a date. Apparently, she made one for that following Monday . They have no voicemail. What doctor's office makes an appt for someone (in this way) without first checking if they can get/be there? I called Monday afternoon and was told I had missed my appt! Then, to top it off, dr. Stone calls my family doctor to state - (my doctor concurred: what an ego!) - that I am "not welcome back"; now, still unable to walk because I was not only not helped by Stone, but reinjured by his neglect, basically - 8 months later, I received an overdue bill stating I owe $70 for this lousy "step-up" (that was so useless, although it had ALREADY BEEN PAID FOR, I brought it back to his office, along with the too-large boot and left it there. I mean, this is just over-the-top abuse like I have never , ever experienced in my life.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Every appointment we have had we have waited at least 45 minutes

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I also had a great experience with Dr. Stone who did my knee replacement. His manner is friendly and professional. He took time to listen to me and to give good explanations regarding the procedure. He came highly recommended as he did my daughter's hip replacement. My knee is great and I recuperated very quickly. Yes, he would be my first choice for an orthopaedic surgeon! Having worked in RCH I think I can speak from experience regarding surgeons!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I have red some of Dr. Stone's reviews and find it incredible that we can be talking about the same surgeon. I found him very sympathetic, caring and understanding. By the way he is also a fantastic Doctor, very professional and he did a wonderful job on my hip, so go figure.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

I had a partial knee replacement with dr. Stone last may. It was the most horrifying experience of my life. I could not wait for two years for surgery in Alberta, so I paid a lot of money to dr Stone to do the surgery.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

This man does not know what he is talking about. Misdiagnosed my injury. Surgery was required when he said it wasn't. Seemed like he already made up his mind that he wasn't going to help me before he even examined my knee. He says one thing and writes something else in the reports. His honesty is very questionable. Do not trust this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

I think Dr. Stone is great. I saw him 3 x in Nov. Dec. 2014 for a broken arm and R.S.D. The first visit he didn't talk to me, the second visit he talked a bit, and when I had the cast off 6 weeks later, he was very helpful. Sandy (Receptionist/Assistant) was lovely and very helpful. I think it would be a Christmas Miracel if at least ONE person in the room had a name tab on... Cindy

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

I ruptured my achilles tendon three months ago. I booked appointments for 3 times and our lovely Dr didn't say one word to me. The person talked to me are his students or whatever i guess. I just get a protocol which i can download it anywhere from website. The staff are friendly.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr. Trevor Stone's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Made us wait over THREE HOURS! Then didn't even see me for more than a minute - had some student who (a) had very poor English comprehension - (b) was left "in ..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgeon . Went the extra mile to diagnose my broken hip. Great surgery and very thorough follow-up afterwards. Would recommend him in a blink!"

December 16, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Every appointment we have had we have waited at least 45 minutes"

November 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I also had a great experience with Dr. Stone who did my knee replacement. His manner is friendly and professional. He took time to listen to me and to give good..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have red some of Dr. Stone's reviews and find it incredible that we can be talking about the same surgeon. I found him very sympathetic, caring and understan..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Very rude, doesn't listen. He kept cutting my mom off when she would share her symptoms. "

August 3, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V3L0" to "V3L 0E4". Address has been updated from "None" to "233 Nelson's Court". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16045264606".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a partial knee replacement with dr. Stone last may. It was the most horrifying experience of my life. I could not wait for two years for surgery in Albert..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "This man does not know what he is talking about. Misdiagnosed my injury. Surgery was required when he said it wasn't. Seemed like he already made up his mind..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I think Dr. Stone is great. I saw him 3 x in Nov. Dec. 2014 for a broken arm and R.S.D. The first visit he didn't talk to me, the second visit he talked a bit..."

December 14, 2014