Ratings for Dr. John J. Cassani

This guy is probably one of the dumbest doctors I met. He figured he could fix all my problems with simple 'spinal adjustments'. Turns out he misdiagnosed three herniated disks for simple 'muscle strains'. I can't tell you how much pain and heartache are associated with this misdiagnosis. He seemed very lazy as well considering all he needed to do was get an MRI taken to see if there was more going on rather than just act like a chiropractor and twist my back a bit and say "All better!".

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

My entire family (58 yr old spouse), me (56yrold female),28 yrold son. all call Dr. Cassani our family doctor. He has been for 20+years. I have seen him go through a family tragedy and not let it impair his expertise as our doctor, I had his help as I made tough medical choices. My husband trusts him emphatically. My son, a dr-phobe as a child has grown to count Dr. Cassani as a friend, as well as his doctor. Yes, Dr. Cassani's practice has grown immensely. But when he is in that exam room with me he is 100% there. He respects me and my knowledge about my health. He works well with specialists, knows when to recommend a specialist. I have seen his office staff ebb and flow in competence but he is quick to address short-comings with his staff. His nurse, who just retired, was truly amazing. I hope he can find one just as deft and I am sure he will. He has excellent business sense and respects the pocketbook of his patients. I am insured by Hometown Health (not on the list above).

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

This man is the best I have had in all of my years as my doctor. He saved my life by detecting tumors with a touch of his hands. I have had MANY specialists and Dr. Cassani has coordinated my healthcare beautifully! He seems very busy and at times a bit moody but please overlook that small detail. He is a truely gifted man! Don't let small details keep you from being cared for by one of the best! His nurse goes above and beyond too. BTW Dr. Cassani knows that we know our own bodies and listens to you very carefully. You are an active participant in your care! A+++

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr Cassani has been my Doctor for about twenty years. I absolutely love the guy. He is knowlegable, helpful and is always there for me. He has saved my life more than once. He is almost always right on time with my visits and is always courteous to me. He has been successful in building a huge practice, but he has worked hard and put in long hours to get there. I rate him A+!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2007

Well I'm am happy that the previous poster had a positive experience, anyone going to a doctor these days truly roll the dice on whether they are going to get good treatment or horrible treatment. Rarely is it ever great treatment so yay to you. My experience was quite different. Starting with the staff, wow, the extremely low unemployement rate in Reno is reflected by the level of service this staff provides which is ... el zero! Rude, snapppy, and more interested in talking about their private lives in front of their patients in the waiting room. NOW the doctor. Arrogant, short, and truly inept in what it means to DO NO HARM! That includes not berating your patient becuase your shortfall and knowledge about something that is beyond the common cold. Seriously, avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2007

An exemplary doctor who is friendly, accurate in his diagnoses, and conscientious with respect to his methods of treatment. As he's been my doctor for the past 17 years, I can honestly say I've never had any problems with him, and he's never let me down. The only problem is getting in to see him- his practice's success makes it difficult to get an appointment with him directly.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2007

Had a horrible experience with this doctor. Yelled at me, among other things.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2006

Dr. John J. Cassani's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1980)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal