Ratings for Dr. Belen Herrero

The absolute worst dr ever. Misdiagnosed my illness, made it hard to get referrals,long wait and then 10 min.visit which is very rushed. Anyone who said they had a good exp. here must have only gone once or twice. Stay away from her if you have more than a common cold and demand a referal to a specialist if you're truly ill-you may not be around to ask for one if you dont!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

This doctor does not take enough time with her patients. She is in and out and does not really pay much attention to what you are saying to her. She had a great nurse practioner in her office who gives you her undivided attention at all times. Dr. Herrero's nurse is not the friendless person in the world but for her defense i believe she is over worked. The best thing the office has going for it other than Scarlett is Janie the referral nurse. SHe is the greatest and sweetest person you will ever meet. I believe Dr. Herrero is a good doctor just to rushed......

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

I would not recommend Dr. Herrero. Since she moved her practice to the present location it is too big, and the staff is often not professional or efficient. They have called in refills for my blood pressure medication TWICE with the wrong dosage! If I wasn't on top of that, it could have caused me serious problems. When I see Dr. Herrero she spends about 10 minutes with me, and basically either refers me to another specialist or writes me perscriptions. I want an internist so I don't have to go to alot of other specialists! She always seems rushed...not thorough. She also charges the most (with my insurance-BCBS) of any specialist I see. I've also had to come into the office to go over blood tests -- only to find out they were all 100% okay -- and I had to pay for that visit. She is a nice person, but I do not think the level of care received is comprehensive enough for an internal medicine physician and for the amount charged.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

I wish all Drs were like her. She is truly amazing. She always spends time with you and makes you feel that you are her only patient. She goes above and beyond to make sure that you understand the medication and your treatment.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I was satisfied with my first meeting with Dr. Herrero. She was very efficient and business like. She asked the right questions and she tried to put me at ease becasue I was a bit anxious about how we were going to handle refills on on-going medications. WHAT I was not happy about was that her nurse was very rude and not the least bit helpful. Nurse M is in a helpful and careing profession and she should conduct herself in that manner. She die not! I will certainly speak to the Dr. if it occurs again, because Nurse M attitude might deter me and other patients from returning to Dr. Herrero. I was already nervous having to meet a new Dr. and I certainly didn't feel like putting up with a snotty attitude.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

I did not enjoy this doctor. The doctor and the staff were really rigid and did not let me fully explain my problems. They didn't even look at me when I was talking. They simply faced the computer and typed in quick answers within their computer patient info software program. The Dr. was quick to cut me short of explanation and offer a quick fix to a problem. When I explained to her that that fix had already been explored by another doctor and did not work, she didn't say anything and went on about her business of typing up the prescription on the computer program. She really didn't seem to care or want to spend the time to figure out the real cause for my ailments.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2007

This doctor rocks. She doesn't pass me around to her friends and her staff is as friendly as they are knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007

Part of a larger practice but her office along with 3 other physicians and a NP are located off site from the rest of the practices. Dr Herrero takes her time with you. Never feel rushed. Doesn't have a problem referring you to a specialist if one is needed. She is very caring. I have been with her since she started her practice and even though I have moved 50 mi away, I still go to her. She is willing to work around your circumstances and will make every attempt to get you in the day that you need to be seen. She is warm and caring.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2006

Dr. Belen Herrero's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)