Ratings for Dr. Cosme A. Gomez

I have known Dr. Cosme Gomez for over 20 year and find him competent. The administrators of the practice have no concern for the patients or their medical well being. I recently had spinal surgery and my surgeon wanted me to see the infectious disease doctor as soon as possible. The earliest appointment was September 5th. When I notified the surgeons office they called, and on Friday the 12th I received a phone call from the UM infectious disease that they had one opening on Monday the 15th at 11:40 AM. I had an appointment with Dr. Gomez for the same time and immediately called to reschedule offering to come in earlier or later the same day. I was advised there may be a cancellation fee of $50.00 but due to the emergency nature of the situation felt it would not be an issue. The following week I was advised that the "ADMINISTRATORS" had decided that it was not an emergency and I had to pay a $50.00 fee. The dollar amount is insulting as it it so insignificant. I asked if Dr. Gomez was aware of the situation, and was advised this was a decision of the "ADMINISTRATORS". I advised I would not pay the $50.00. Today I received a certified letter advising that they would not longer see me as a patient. The callous indifference to the needs of the patient are reflective in the impersonal treatment you receive as a patient of this practice. This indifference affects all levels of the practice and they feel a patient relationship who has a legitimate emergency is not worth $50.00

flag | Submitted July 22, 2019

Dr. Gomez was knowledgeable and had great bed side manners. Very nice guy. The nurse Yanet was extremely friendly. Very positive experience.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Dr Gomez is a knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate doctor. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

My son went for a procedure today. He allowed me to stay with him for support. He is warm, very human and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I did not get to see the doctor because the policies of the office, in reference to making appointments, are so illogical that I feared the diagnose would also be very illogical. This is what happened: My wife and I asked for an appointment for the same day so that we do not have to do it on different days and they said that they have the policy that they do not receive husband and wife on the same day even if it is at different times. In my opinion this rule infringes on people's freedom to accommodate their schedule. In addition, this rule is environmentally unfriendly by promoting more car trips. My advise is to stay away from this doctor's office.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Dr. Gomez is a highly competent doctor and surgeon. His office staff, however, turned my son away from his post-op follow-up because he couldn't cover the co-pay, even though it was clear that I (mom) was the insured party and had already signed responsibility for costs not covered by insurance. I cannot recommend a doctor that allows a surgery patient to go without post-surgery follow-up.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

He was very warm, caring and most important knowledgeable. I also liked the other physian he recommended me to. The office staff was helpful and organized.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2006

With 23 years in the practice, this specialist sure knows his stuff. Not only was he incredibly warm and genuine, but his vast knowledge on urology allowed me to trust him fully. His staff is also exceptional-from the young lady who called to remind me of my appointment to the young lady who gave me my prescription on the way out- great experience!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2006

More interest in promoting an over the counter product than in my symptoms.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2005