Ratings for Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

Megalomaniac, stay away. The positive ratings are contrived.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. Freedhoff was arrogant and rude and not interesting in helping me unless I was going to join his program. I was very disappointed and frustrated with the visit. Was not caring, kind or helpful.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr Freedoff and staff are amazing. He explain the procedures and the staff was very helpfully and friendly. I recommend the bmi institute for by hose who want to loose weight.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

After having Breast Cancer 2 times, leaving me with after effects from Chemo, Radiation, Lumpectomy, later having a double Mastectomy, Tomoxifen, all my female organs being removed along with Severe Arthritis and gaining 50 lbs, I decided to return to BMI in 2015. I had to loose weight, my health was deteriating do to "life's " obstacles. I was ready ! I was doing extremely well with Rob(dietician) and Kelly( Physical Trainer). My only problem being punctual 2x's with Dr. Freedhof. He would turn me away after I drove from Orleans , very busy traffic on Hunt Club as well having just been diagnosed with ADD. ADD has not been by friend as it is more pronounced now after CHEMO than it ever has been. I get down on myself every day in regards to punctuality and this continues to be a struggle of mine. Well after being sent away 2x for being 5 to 20 mins late, I was even more mortified. Dr. Freedhof put his hand on my shoulder and said, "I understand but I just can't take you". This time being a cold afternoon, no one around but Rob and Kelly with Dr. Freedhof appearing to be free having small chat's with Rob the Dietician. Why did I have to suffer this embarrassment and feeling like Dr. Freedhof was treating a 57 year old like a child and did not understand what impact ADD had on life and punctuality. I am still angry and continue to gain weight . It could have been so different. I was doing so well with Kelly and Rob. If you don't fit into Dr. Freedhof's mold, don't bother with this program! It only reinforced to me with ADD and Being on Tomoxifen for the next 10+ years, weight loss will be short of a small miricle. This doctor does not care about how he comes across if punctuality is lacking!!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Excellent program! The team provides you with knowledge and support but YOU need to do the work people!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr. Freedhoff is an excellent and knowledgeable diet and healthy living doctor. It's the BMI program that is severely lacking. Mandatory meetings with the dietitian or Freedhoff are about 3 times in 22 weeks. What's missing is regular counselling with behaviour modification as a key to weight loss and maintenance. Healthful living and healthy diets is totally missing. Exercise is supposed to be an integral part of the program but attendance at 'fitness' classes' is limited to three small half-hour to 45 minute sessions per week. Let's not forget that BMI is a business so keeping costs low and a returning client base are important. So if you really want to lose weight and keep it off, head to the Ottawa Hospital Weight Management clinic with its 26 one hour sessions with a complete team of specialists.

Submitted October 15, 2014

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Why is he rated amongst internists? He's a weight loss doctor. After losing practically no weight he told me I was depressed. I sure was after paying him $1500 for nothing.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. Freedhoff is extremely knowlegeable, very encouraging & supportive, finds fun & humourous ways to get his messages across. His clinic is very well run, and there is a very positive atmosphere as soon as you walk in the door.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

I’d like to be up front and say that after finishing the program I have since become an employee of BMI. Yoni is punctual (he often takes you in earlier if he can) which allows enough time to talk with him and not feel rushed. I feel that he listens well and provides realistic guidance and medical advice. He bases his reasoning on scientific evidence. The truth is, if you are willing to put in the effort, the program works. And it prepares you for the long haul. The biggest thing about Yoni is that you can feel that he cares about you and you know that the program is truly a labour of love. This is not a guy out just to make a buck, he is out to make a difference. And he does. Prior to meeting Dr. Freedhoff, I felt lost, misguided and like a failure. With his help I have not only lost the weight I needed to lose, I also gained more self confidence than I ever thought I deserved, along with a healthy outlook on food, weight, and life in general. Stephanie Nakamura

flag | Submitted August 28, 2008