Ratings for Dr. Francis Joseph O'Toole

We were referred to Dr.O'Toole after my 2 month old was hospitalized with mono which caused gi issues and took 3 weeks for McMaster to diagnose properly. My son is now 6 months and Dr.O'Toole has followed up with us several times to ensure he is doing well. He always takes the time to answer any concerns I have and is incredibly sweet with my baby. One of the best doctors ever!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

I had the privilege of meeting dr. Otoole in the Mac er last night. I was there with my 8 month old daughter. He was absolutely thorough, pleasant, and showed genuine care for my baby and myself. I didn't feel rushed, and have never had a doctor be so compassionate. He took the time to read my daughters medical history, and reassured me of my decisions that I've made in her care.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr o'toole is excellent! He takes his time to listen to your concerns and dorsnt overlook anything. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

We had and continue to have a great experience with Dr otoole. My shy son is very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

This doctor sounds like Jekyll and Hyde- what is going on? Does he have a split personality?

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

We had the unfortunate experience of having to deal with this Dr who needs to be taken down a few notches. He's an arrogant man with no bedside manner and evidently no real concern for his patients or their parents. When I tried to address my concerns with McMaster they had a little huddle and he approached us in a very confrontational and arrogant manner. He showed little respect for our privacy and was not interested in trying to find a solution at a very stressful time in our lives. He can take a feather out of Dr Ramsays hat. Our experience at McMaster was not great. The hospital was dirty compared to JBMH.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr. O'Toole is very helpful, advocates for patients and explains everything thoroughly, Answers all questions and does not rush you. We have a very sick child and we look forward to all our appointments. Staff are very friendly as well.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

Wonderful Doctor!! Very compassionate, my son has been in his care for 2.5 years and never once gave us the run around.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Terrible doctor!!!! I have absolutly nothing positive to say about this man. He comes in acting like he can help and understands your concerns and then in the next breath has no time to come to follow up. I STRONGLY advise everyone reading this to use word of mouth to get the real word out about this "half fast" "doctor". Also, I would also advise no one to take their children to McMaster Childrens Hospital with a sick or hurt child, the staff is terrible!! Now I know why doctors get mal-practice insurance :(

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr O'Toole, we have been seeing him every 3 months for 2.5 years. I don't know how we or my daughter would have gotten through these hard times without him. He is an amazing doctor, and treats my daughter with the patience, care and understanding she deserves. He never hesitates to answer any of my million questions and always calls back if we have a question. We are so lucky he was on call the first time we went to MAC emergency!!!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010