Ratings for Dr. Peter Hwee

Terrible!! would not recommend to anyone...my mother almost died thanks to his skills and knowledge... many years ago she had pneumonia and he told her it was just a migraine, then said the gallstones were acting up..she had to go to ER 3 times before they finally did something to help her, they had to drain almost 2 L of liquid out of her lungs. She got another doctor after that. I was a patient of his in my teens and vowed to never return after I saw how terrible he was.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I love Dr.Hwee and staff. Receptionist is fantastic! I find what some would say, a lack of bedside manner, funny. Match his style of wit and he does smile! I take both my children there and he is awesome with them. He gets the job done.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

Dr. Hwee was my family doctor from the time I was an infant until I was 18 years old. As a teenager I suffered from severe depression and confided in him. He dimissed my cry for help and told me to quit smoking and get more exercise. He reluctantly sent me for blood work after saying it was "a waste of money". My aunt went to see doctor hwee for weight loss help and he "wrote a perscription"...when she got home and read it, it was a note telling her to eat less and exercise more. These are just a few examples of the kind of care dr. hwee provides. Even with the shortage of family doctors, I wouldn't trust my health to this man.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr. Hwee has looked after my two sons and myself for about 25 years. At first it was hard to understand him when he was talking. I would ask him to repeat what he said and he would without any problem. Most of the time he is pleasant to talk to and discusses issues if you needed to. I rarely ever had to wait for my appointment. If I did have to wait it was when there was a bad flue or cold going around so I expected to have a longer wait than usual. And yes he did need to go on holidays. WHAT DOCTOR WOULDN'T. Dr. Hwee is much better than other doctor's just with the waiting time alone. He will send you to a specialist if he can't help you as he has done for myself. He took on my mother-in-law as a patient. Also, my adult son had not been seen for a while but did take him back as a patient. I have great respect for him and his secretary. I am not looking forward to the day when he retires.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

Dr. Hwee was my family doctor sine 1981 Although you could call and get a same day appt. most of the time you had to wait as he was always behind schedule. If you are overweight every ailment you have is blamed on this. He doesnt seem to know what he's doing now and needs to retire. His staff is very nice but He is always so rushed he never has time to explain what is wrong with you or why he is prescribing meds to you. He botched my cousins circumcission when he was a baby and this led to three painful operations while he was young. This doctor needs to retire!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

Dr Hwee had been my family doctor for 30 years and his duties as a Family doctor seemed to be adequate (as I had nothing to compare). I always found his bedside manner very poor and sadly he showed very little emotion period...but that was okay with me. It wasn't until one day I felt at odds with his diagnosis and told him I didn't agree and would like a second opinion to put my mind at ease. Well...apparently this offended him and shortly thereafter I was "fired" as his patient via a letter in the mail. WOW...is this even possible! Anyway, I've since moved on and quickly realized that the letter in the mail was a blessing in disguise!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

I have been with this Doctor since I was born. I now have permanent Bladder and Kidney Damage due to wrong diagnoses and not trying to help me back when i was 7. He also told my Dad when i was 4 that they don't take out Tonsils anymore and i couldn't even drink or speak at the time they were so swollen when we went for a second opinion the doctor looked at me and instantly sent me to have them removed.When i was pregnant he told me it looks like i might have Cervical Cancer but we'd worry about it later, cuz i was pregnant. i have been having Extreme Back pain and i actually have a growth on my back on my tail bone, its getting bigger and more sore but thats because i'm fat he says the solution he told me is to lose weight. not to mention EVERY time you call to make an appt. you can't get through his hours aren't even kinda practial. there are so many other problems i have faced through the years but not enough room left to go over them, now that i have kids im looking for someone new.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

I have been with this doctor since I was knee high! I love this man he's knowledgeable and hilarious! He has me in stitches and my kids love going to the doctors to see him. He's good at what he does everybody needs to stop whining!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Hwee's for over 20 years now and I have always found him to be very helpful and concerned about his patients. I have suffered with migraine headaches since I was 11 years old. any other doctor I went to just told me to take 2 222's and rest. I couldn't keep the pills down so of course I found no relief. Dr. Hwee took the time to try me out on different meds to see what would work for me so I didn't have to suffer so much. He found something that works very well for me and allows me to function normally. I also suffer with fibromyalgia and arthritis-severe arthritis in my left knee- and again Dr. Hwee took the time to find something that worked for me. These are just a couple of the reasons I rated him as I did.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

I have had this doctor since I was born, I'm now 23 years old. I think it's time for him to retire. He has misdiagnosed by entire family including myself at least once. My mother went in regarding a back pain, he told her it was back fat. A year and a half later, with no help from Dr. Hwee, my mother had to have a spinal fusion. Back-fat right? He also diagnosed a wart on a food that could only be removed w. a foot doctor at $200/visit, every 2 weeks.. after about 4 weeks we bought Freeze Off for warts from the drug store and it was gone in 3 days......I could continue, but there is too much. Time to retire..

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009