Ratings for Dr. A Gudgeon

This is going back some years, but I went to the ER for appendicitis (1996) when I was about 18 and he was the dr on call. He was quick to get blood tests ordered, review them and to get me in the OR. He was great talking to me, I was an 18 yr old female and he didn't assume I was another one of Brantford's Pregnant Teens. He even came by the next day to see how I was doing even though I wasn't his responsibility anymore. I do agree with the other comments though that it's time he retired, he seemed old even back in '96!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010

Dr Gudgeon is now in the hospital at the bgh. i've had him all my life as a Doctor but i have noticed him going downhill for a long time. he was suppose to retire when i was 8 i am now 24. he no longer practices. it does sadden me cuz i am comfortable around him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

dr g perscribed me paxil at the age of 10 when my father took me to him claiming i had migraines... he also advised me i did not have an ear infection when he examined me and it was clear i did- 4 yrs later i now have no hearing in my ear due to the infection causing so much damage and suffer from menieres due to nerve damage of my ear..... he needed to retire 15 yrs ago when i first saw him!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

i can't believe this doctor still practices. my boyfriend went to him for a red bump on his nose and was given an antifungal cream, which did nothing, my boyfriend has since changed doctors and when he went to his first appointment with the new doctor, she took one look at the red bump and is sending him to a dermatologist as she believes it is skin cancer..... oh and apartently his back pain was also caused by smoking, give me a break you are more at risk to see this doctor than to see none at all. we may have a shortage of them, but that doesn't mean we should have to deal with horrible doctors who don't treat correctly.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

I am amazed that Dr. Gudgeon is allowed to practice medicine and has not had his medical license revoked. He is constantly being yelled at by staff for walking around his office with no shoes on. I had several appointments when he received urgent calls from pharmacies regarding medications he prescribed that would have killed the patients including young infants (feb 2009). He is very rude, ****, uncaring if you are not wealthy, white or male. He does not examine patients, he berates them. My mother died due to his misdiagnosis 3 days after seeing him and I am dying and may not have been in my situation if he had taken my case seriously 2 years prior to letting him know my symptoms. I guess 6 tumours just magically appeared. How could a doctor miss a 4" mass and its 5 other adjacent tumours and not be more attentive? Switching doctors was the best thing I ever did, unfortunately its to late. My hope is if he ever gets sick he will treat himself and do us all a favour.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

dr gudgeon is my doctor and actually delivered me. i think he is great.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

Dr G helped my mother out a lot when she was sick and he was very quick in diagnosing her cancer and getting her into the cancer clinic. That was 8 years ago now. In the past 8 years, since that time, Dr G has gone downhill. I have several times asked for help and his receptionist is terrible and mean when you talk to her it is always a power trip. He does not listen any more and on 3 occasions I had to remind him which one of my family members I was. He does need to retire, I agree with the comments below and he did help my mother and for that I thank him but he has really let me down. I hope you find what you are looking for Dr G before you put someone in a really bad place! Nancy (the nurse) has to be one of the nicest people I have ever met.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

Dr Gudgeon has been treating my husband from birth for a number of things. He's an old doctor and I commend him for his dedication in remaining un-retired cause he is soooo old!! But, he doesn't listen, he's biased, and he prescribes crazy meds. He had my husband on a pill to stop his incontinence and the pharmacist told my husband that if he keeps taking it he'll most likely divelope seriouse issues cause that pill is for people on their death-beds!! So word of caution, Gudgeon is old and old-school! He's not interested in whats new or in preventitive medicine. He'll write you prescription and possibly diagnose you correctly... Good luck!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

docter gudgeon is the best great docter had for years.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

This Dr. is WAY past retirement. He doesn't believe in psychology. I went to him with a severe case of post partum depression, and he told me if I had brest-fed my baby then I would not be depressed. Needless to say I got a new Dr., who told me Dr. Gudgeon should not be treating women's issues, period. He is only good for old people.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2007