Ratings for Dr. Tracy A. Paeschke

Dr Paschke diagnosed me with a prolapsed mitral valve. I had echoes every six months.. I was told my prolapse was moderate to severe. I carried a card that said I had a prolapsed valve. As it turned out I don't have a prolapse valve. I was wondering why they wouldn't take my phone calls. I felt she didn't want to see me. She didn't want to admit her mistake. I wished she'd been honest. We worried for years.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

She misdiagnosed my case. For years she said i had a problem i don't have. Her office wouldn't return calls. She had no interest in me. She was cold and a bookworm type.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

She tried to use scare tactics and act as if I was too stupid to understand anything she might say. I have been in the medical field since 1979. Real facts should be used and not scare tactics. She must have missed the bedside manner class in medical school, although I don't think they really have one. I have no respect for someone that never explained anything to me. She would not answer questions, she acted like it was a bother for me to even be in her office. She had a chip on her shoulder and an attitude of don't talk, just listen. Problem was nothing worthwhile came out of her mouth. I have had a lot of stress in my life. I have 2 auto immune diseases and just went through a painful experience of having shingles. All of a sudden I gained a lot of weight and my A1C went from normal to diabetic almost overnight. My triglycerides went down and they were normal to begin with. The first words out of her mouth after I had a normal EKG was, all diabetics are considered to have had a heart attack. There is nothing we can do for you but take a low dose aspirin a day, cholesterol meds, (my cholesterol is normal) and high blood pressure meds (my blood pressure is normal except when I am at the doctor). Another doctor didn't believe I had white coat hypertension and tried to get me to take blood pressure drugs. My normal blood pressure is 116/76 and the drugs lowered it to 90/50 and I couldn't even function. That didn't matter to her. Then with the normal EKG and low pulse rate, she tells me I need to have an echo cardiogram to show all of the damage already done to my heart by the diabetes. My blood sugar went from normal to high in August of this year. I have other medical issues that may be the cause of this. I also found out my thyroid is not working properly. They are going to set up an appointment for the echo but I would like to switch doctors. I just don't want to be double charged by my insurance because they would consider it a second opinion. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt. Her stern look, her standoffish attitude, her aversion to answering valid questions. Still never got any answers. Just do as I say and don't bother me attitude.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

This doctor did not explain to me anything about my condition. She actually didn't even tell me I had a heart condition, and what she did tell me was not accurate information. I did not discover I had a heart condition until I went to get some tests done that she ordered and read it on my paperwork at that facility. Anytime I tried to call for any results the office staff was very rude and unhelpful. Each time I was told I would have to wait 6-8 weeks until my next appointment. When I did finally see her again, she didn't remember why I had originally came to see her. She also didn't remember what tests I had done. She wrote off my chest pain as a strained muscle "or something" and still didn't explain anything about my condition to me. I spent 4 months of my life worrying about my heart. I got a second opinion from another cardiologist who told me that he would have never ordered these tests that I now have to give up my home in order to pay for. This has been the worst experience.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

If you are looking for bedside manner, go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Dr. Tracy A. Paeschke's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)