Ratings for Dr. Fariborze B. Barhamand

Do not ask questions! He responded with “look it up yourself “ or even better “why would you ask that? Time to retire.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Awesome, kind, personable, funny. Love seeing him!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

Save your time and your life by NOT going to this doctor! His communication is horrible! He does not like to be questioned and his recommendations are based on his nonsense opinions. Because of him I had a delay in treatment and wound up in the intensive care unit. Thankfully as a healthcare professional myself, I sought care elsewhere and now am doing remarkably better!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

My mother-in-law has been a patient of Dr. Barhamand for at least 15 years, starting with breast cancer (in remission)to MDS and leukemia which she now has. Dr. Barhamand goes above and beyond what I would expect in a doctor. His compassion and friendliness towards my mother-in-law is outstanding. He is very knowledgeable of current and future cancer treatments. He explains in laymans terms and with great detail the prognosis', treatments and recommendations not only to her but to family. We are fortunate to have him as her cancer doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone going through this.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Unlike the other reviewers on this page, I strongly dislike and would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. His most repugnant characteristic? His arrogance. Being an M.D. doesn't qualify him to scoff and ridicule anyone that has honest questions about treatment options and the patient's prognosis...especially if these questions arise from the patient and his family members. Strange enough, despite his M.D. status, he was not up to snuff on the latest cancer research that an UNDERGRADUATE class was teaching. Not to mention his attitude towards my father's disease was disgusting- every conversation eventually boiled down to him babbling that my father was going to die repeatedly- we eventually stopped asking him questions for this very reason. Simply put, it did not seem like this man wanted to treat my father and my family and I realized this only when it was late in the game.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2010

Dr. Barhamand has been treating my spouse for small cell lung cancer since 9/07. He is a fine knowledgeable doctor that came highly recommended by both my doctor and my spouses doctor. He is extremely compassionate and caring!! He has pesonally returned calls in the early morning or on weekends. His staff is excellent as well. We cannot imagine going through this ordeal with out this outstanding man and his incredible staff.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2007

Knowledgable, competent, personable, likeable. He is a hematologist/oncologist and took care of me for blood clots in my leg and lungs. Monitored my coumadin level well, his staff I had a few arguments and problems with, but ultimatley it is Dr. Barhmand's skilled expertise that you are really there for.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2006

Dr. Fariborze B. Barhamand's Credentials

• Topiwala Nat'L Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1972)

Top Hospitals in Naperville, IL