Ratings for Dr. David S. Larsen

I find he is very caring and takes time to listen to what you have to say. He does charge for missed appointments and for refills he has to call in but I figure he is running a business.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR. All he is concerned about his money. He charged my insurance company 1079 dollars for my initial visit, that is more than an E.R. visit. Since my insurance is out of network, he charged my credit card 550 dollars. He charged me 270.00 for a 15 minute office visit and charges a 25 dollar fee for monthly medication refills

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dr. Larsen is excellent and we highly recommend him. Very knowledgeable and caring. He's the best, listens to what you have to say. Explains things so you can understand. Love this Dr.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Yes, doctors can charge for their services, but when the doctor is the one who messed up, then charges the patient, THAT is plain wrong. He neglected to sign a prescription for my Mother which was faxed to Arizona. The pharmacy called my Mother to tell they could not fill the prescription because Larsen did not sign it. When Larsen had to fax the prescription a second time because of HIS error, he charged my parents $25.00. Is this ethical?? Personally, I see this as a possible way to scam, and I find it despicable. I'm so glad to be rid of him. If I ever require a neurologist, you can bet I'll look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Dr Larsen has helped me tremendously. His diagnosis and treatment was accurate and effective. His knowledge and treatments are state of the art. I would definitely suggest Dr Larsen to someone suffering from chronic headaches.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr Larsen's practice seems to be more important to collect fees not related to medical problems. Charge for missed appointments, calling in prescriptions, not bringing current medications every visit. His diagnoses of my illness was accurate but the follow up diagnoses was not. He once prescribed a medication that the pharmacy refused to fill because it could become toxic. His office staff;s comment was they didn't know I was taking the other medication. Dr. Larsen's comment was since he did not prescribe the other medication he could not change it. I believe Dr. Larsen is cold and has little feeling for his paients.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I see a good number of specialists for a number of aging issues. Unlike the others who are only interested in working with conditions specific to their specialty, Dr Larson has been able to listen to me as one patient with multiple conditions and explain to me the big picture. His recommendations are sound and his explanations help me understand and manage my health the way no other physician could. He is one excellent neurologist but he is also more than that. He is the doctor how everyone would wish a doctor to be.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

He does have knowledge, but....his personality extremely brusque. He has spoken 'down' to me and members of my family on several occasions and it is irritating. But, my Dad likes him and he treats my Dad well. For myself, if I ever need a neurologist, I will look elsewhere. Also be prepared to wait a LONG time for your appointment. If you need to phone him for any reason, he will not hide his displeasure. Our idea of an emergency and his are apparently very different.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Save yourself time and $$$. This could be the worst "Dr" in Illinois. After speaking to several other Neurologists - they call him the "The Big Quack" bc he has no idea what he's doing and send Big Bills plus no other MDs will work with him - has been kicked out of several groups!!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

Dr. David S. Larsen's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Naperville, IL