Ratings for Dr. Maria Lazar

Love Dr Lazar she is the best doctor I ever had. No she doesn't play the pain med games she knows if u need pain med or not. Wait is long but she is worth the wait

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Great doctor. Went to the emergency room in the middle of the night. At 2:00AM the nurses were on the phone with Dr. Lazar as she detailed instructions for care. She came in the hospital each day to check patients. Can't say enough about her compassion and care.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Waited 1 hr 30 min to be seen by the doc! When I mentioned it to her she made a joke rather than apologize. Staff was ok but not too friendly. Her treatment was ok.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I agree the wait does seem somewhat long-but I think she is worth it! she takes her time with me-never feel rushed. I really like her. I don't go to her because of her staff, I could take or leave them. She is my Dr. Because I Trust and Like her.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Lazar has been my Doctor for many years. She is a very compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. I always say expect to wait to see her, but she is worth the wait. The staff could smile a bit more, but that should not be a reflection on her.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Staff and doc great...but who had two hours Shortest waited after scheduled appt was 1.5hrs t

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

I went in for a routine physical/initial consultation. I waited 2 and a half hours after the nurse took my blood pressure and asked some baseline questions. Once the doctor finally decided to show up, she asked the same questions again because she didn't read the file (all 4 lines of it). She asked if I had any questions and I mentioned being a bit depressed. She told me to buck up and sent me on my way. Later I received a bill for $93. Not sure why the bill was so high for a routine visit that lasted no more than 10 minutes. I called my insurance company and told I was billed for a 30 minute consultation about a specific ailment. So, my single sentence question meant that instead of 100% coverage, I had to spend $93 out of pocket. I have never had a doctor use such an underhanded method of fluffing up a bill in all my life. Stay away from this one unless you have nothing better to do than wait around and shell out money to ask questions that won't get answered.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

nurse told me Dr.doesn't have time to read records so I was not given blood work needed right away. Was told to wait 6 mos. Went to an other Dr.& he told me I needed operation soon as possible!! No more Dr. Lazar for me! Thank God I changed or I would have been in a lot more trouble.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Dr. Lazar is very unprofessional. They make you wait for a very long time even though you are the only patient in the office. She talks about personal issues but doesn't listen when you try to tell her about problems with your health. I needed a medication that I have been taking for years and she denied filling it but would not tell me why. I called a couple of times and my phone calls were never returned. She does not seem to have the patients best interest at heart. Her receptionists act like you are bothering them if you ask any questions. I felt very insignificant under their care.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2010

No one is exaggerating about the wait, it is the unbearable and intolerable. This week was, My "last chance" visit. It was cut short when I saw the waiting room completely backed up and was told it would be 2-3 hours AFTER my scheduled appt. Last summer I went in complaining of pain in my finger, she quickly suggested I go have an xray. I never heard back from anyone. When I finally called they said the xray showed nothing. I was told to just take aspirin for the pain. Yep, that was it. I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

Dr. Maria Lazar's Credentials

• Inst De Med Si Farm, Tirgu-Mures, Romania (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Newark, DE