Ratings for Dr. Ronald J. Alvarez

Awesome Doctor great nurses and friendly front staff

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Spent less than 10 minutes with me. Put scope about 2 inches up my nose and charged me over $500 for it.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Treated for Polyps with a sinoplasty procedure. The crucial problem was a HORRIBLE billing process that was duplicative, filled with remittance address errors, and totally confusing statements. One clerk admitted to same. I will never see him again!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Dr. Alvarez saw my husband several years ago. He had a dry cough that wouldn't go away. Dr. Alvarez saw him and discovered cancer and has treated him since. He also removed my daughters tonsils. We have many doctors due to my husbands illness. I rate him among the most professional and knowledgeable and its really disturbing to read his ratings. My experience with this doctor has been great and I feel like he caught my husbands illness early and saved his life.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

I may not pay it - But I was billed $280.00 after the insurance company paid $258.00. For an intial exam!!!! No way should this be legal..It appears ats though Ron pawns off the nose inspection as "SURGERY" so he can bill $538 for an office visit. DOWN RIGHT SCUM-BAGGERY! I have sent a letter to Ron and I have also contacted an attorney. The knowledge level was awarded due to some issues that I can't discuss here (legal reasons), lets just say I was given the wrong meds and have severe & dangerous reactions to them..........As for the threating warning below: My name is ERIC HAMILTON, and the statements above are my opinon based on fact!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2008

I made an appt. specifically to have the thyroglossal duct cyst, that Dr.Alvarez had previously diagnosed and aspirated,aspirated again.When my son got there the office could not find his records and the doctor said he wasnt sure that it was a thyroglossal duct cyst and told him he needed a ct scan and to come back after he had that performed. I had to call the office and fax my papers with the diagnosis and Dr.Alvarez's name on them. Then,per his nurse, he said okay just come back in and he would aspirate the cyst,and she said they did find his records.So he didnt need a ct scan after all. And what really got me was he charged us both visits, even though his office lost the chart and had they had them on the first visit my son wouldnt have had to return for a second visit.So we had to pay for their mistake. I spoke with Dr. Alvarez and explained the situation but he charged us anyway.Not very good customer service!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2007

This doctor did not seem to know what he was doing. He was unable to diagnose a simple condition (that was immediately identified by a 2nd doctor 2 days later). I could tell by the look on his face that he was bewildered + did not know what to do. I was extremely unimpressed by his lack of knowledge in his area of speciality.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2006

Dr. Ronald J. Alvarez's Credentials

• Spanish

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1992)