Ratings for Dr. Robert Howison

Not sure who commented saying this is the worst dentist, but that is clearly the furthest from the truth. You have to follow the dentists instructions in order to have a healthy smile. You can't just show up once a year and think you're not going to have any issues. I have been seeing doctor Howison since I have had teeth. I am now 30 years of age and have never had any issues. He helped remove 6 large molars in order to eliminate crowding teeth while working alongside the Orthodontist he also recommended and I have beautiful healthy straight teeth. Most of the staff is friendly. As for punctuality you may notice them being late when your waiting, but if you're the patient in the room do you want them to day "sorry time is up. I will finish next time!" The only negative experience I had was when the assistant called me out for not flossing, but if you ask me that is called passion. You can have the best mechanic in the world, but if you drive your car like it's stolen it will be right back in the shop!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Worst dentist I have ever heard of. His neglect has caused over $8000 in unnessecary work

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I have been at this dentist for years since childhood.I recently left as I am very disappointed with the outcome..it will take alot of money to fix my teeth even then they wont be completely fixed..after going every four months since 2009 more often than most to find out dr.fry catches the severity of gum disease sends me to specialist that says I have now fifty percent bone loss..I confront him after painful treatments and tell him the damage for him to say that I dont have that bone loss..frightfully I have now been told by the specialist and my new dentist ..indeed I do..considering I had x rays in february wouldnt someone notify their patients that a significant amount of bone has been loss..or I guess the xray gets shoved away..also I spoke two years ago about my teeth shifting..again some more bad advice..shift with age..okay maybe a little but mine shifted massive to the point a tooth receded..what was I asked? Was I hit in the mouth? Come on all contributed to the mess my mouth is in..did he tell me to go to a periodontist..once for the tooth that had receded that he was monitoring apparently..ifthere was gum disease present I would of had it treated the same time when I had gum surgery..the fact that he can say there is no bone loss is frightening..oh and its true they made some chart that they can bill your insurance something else..what they really need to do is start measuring pockets in peoples mouths as I had 8mm pockets for I dont know how long..if I was there in oct2014 for a cleaning..sent to a specialist in nov 2014 for root scaling and planing..was told my mouth was full of tartar under the gum line...as I sat in the chair during the whole month as they picked the tartar...would you not question how come? Thanks for nothing...I am happy I have moved on and hopefully my mother will realize the same...

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Recently back to clinic for a check up. Sadly I cannot remember the young lady's name, but she was friendly, efficient, very thorough and most importantly, gentle. No gum bleeds during flossing, no soreness after the appointment. Excellent all around.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I have been a patient since 1986. Dr.Howison and his staff have always gone above and beyond. I remember once they kept their office open quite late to perform an emergency procedure on my front tooth - they were supposed to close for the Christmas vacation, instead, they stayed open until well into the evening.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Howison for over 20 years, and now my husband and children go there too. He and his staff are great! Very caring, helpful and understanding. They make going to the dentist almost enjoyable - I can't imagine going to another dentist or dentist's office. Weel worth the drive to Cambridge.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Had a broken wisdom tooth extracted - expected it to be a bit of a challenge, and it was. A good 30-40 mins of pulling, pushing, prying and it came out piece by angry little piece. Bob did a remarkable job in that I had very little discomfort during the procedure (thanks for generous freezing) and virtually none afterwards. I'm shocked, frankly, that my face isn't swollen and bruised, and can only surmise that he carefully targeted all of his energy towards the tooth and not my face, gums or jaws. I guess when you've been pulling teeth for 20+ years... you're a jedi master :-)

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Have gone to Dr. Howison all my life and never had a complaint. Moved to a different city and tried a new dentist, work was terrible and no where near the quality of work Howison does.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

Love him! Our family has been seeing Dr. Howison for more than 20 years. He seldom has to do any work on our teeth, but when he has, it is absolutely painless....

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

I have been going to Dr.Howison's office since he was on George St. 30+ years. He is such a pleasent man. My parents both go to him as well, all kind words we all have for him.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011