Ratings for Dr. Pierre Kugler

Doctor Kugler is an excellent family physician. My complaint is his choice in staff help. The medical receptionist is negligent in many ways. 1. does not answer the office phone lines. 2. fails to make referrals to other doctors. 3. rude...when asked about this. 4. will not follow up with specialist that he referred even when they tried to contact the office (faxed a referral) for an appointment? 5. no doctors office outside can contact his office? 6. you must email the receptionist for an appointment(good luck with that). 7. does not reply to appointment emails. 8. does not respond to emails. 9. MADE A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO CPSO. 10. this needs to be addressed...I am not the only patient who is experiencing this negligence!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

He's been my doctor since Dr Tompson passed away and he's helped me a lot . He's kind , very professional, listen and has helped me a great deal when I was sick . Yes his office needs a little bit of cleaning but that's only the outside , the inside of him is gentle and kind .

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Have no complaints only compliments. Dr. Kugler is caring, compassionate and extremely helpful. He is always open to new ideas and if he doesn't know, has no problem looking something up; referring to specialists; reading materials that you bring to his attention. He is not quick to push pills which is refreshing. Staff are helpful, while extremely busy. He has been my doctor now for well over 20 yrs and wouldn't change even if moved out of the city.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

He for his patients ...he take the time to talk to you

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. Kugler almost killed my mother in law with a lethal dose of narcotics, but according to him, she would have been fine if she took it as prescribed. She only took half the dose because she didn't feel well after the first. Both Dr. Kugler and staff were unconcerned, never responded to the calls from hospital staff or from the family. I debated charging him with malpractice but was not up to spending thousands of legal costs and time. I would stay away from this rude practice.... receptionist needs a lesson on telephone etiquette.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Can never get ahold of him. He's either not there or u get an answering machine that is full. When u do get in. He barely even pays attention to u. Just gives u meds and on the off chance u get tests done. U never get a call back or can't get ahold of him to find out

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr Kugler is a kind, caring, compassionate, understanding, knowledgable and highly effective physician who listens and works with me to support me in achieving wellness. He has a wonderful bedside manner that I really appreciate and at no time do I ever feel rushed, unheard or dismissed during my appointments with him. When he does not have the ability to address a specific concern he thoughtfully requisitions tests and makes referrals to specialists. He reviews and consults with me and follows through until their is a resolution to my presenting condition. Simply put: Dr.Kugler has immense integrity and I am very grateful he is my family physician.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

in retrospect i have mixed feelings about doctor kugler. Hes a very nice man and particularly has a decent bedside manner. but dont ever go to him for mental health issues your better off asking for a referral to an actual mental health professional. he put me on a medication to treat my anxiety.. however the medication itself started giving me mood swings. his solution essentially was to diagnose me with bipolar with a general form sheet and put me on more meds. it nearly ruined my life.. until i eventually got a psychologist who properly diagnosed me and got me off them. i can affirm to many of the other issues, his clinic is often a huge mess, everything seems to be unorganized and he seems to be relatively lax about leaving personal files open. he has the most unprofessional receptionist ever.. she is nice if you happen to be on her good side but if you aren't things will be a lot harder for you. i dont know how she still works there. the phone never seems to be answered and sometimes its a real pain just to get either an appointment or even a prescription filled.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

My family has been with Dr. Kugler since 1990. He's very friendly and listens to what you have to say. Depending when your appointment is patients are rushed when its really busy. Dr. Kugler has alot of knowledge and helps you with any health concerns (such as referals) right away. Pat is amazing shes always so friendly, caring and helpful if you ever have any questions or concerns. She's very helpful for those who have anxiety and phobias with needles. The only person I feel comfortable doing my shots. Dr. Kugler receptionist overall is good but have had a few encounters that were negative however is typically helpful. One of the biggest issues our family has is trying to get through on the phone to book an appointment. The phone always busy and you have to keep trying over and over again to actually get through. In addition the hours throughout the week is not the same each day for the doctor office being open which makes it very tricky to book appointments . However overall he has been very helpful with minor and major health issues.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015