Ratings for Dr. Pierre Kugler

Dr. Kugler almost killed my mother in law with a lethal dose of narcotics, but according to him, she would have been fine if she took it as prescribed. She only took half the dose because she didn't feel well after the first. Both Dr. Kugler and staff were unconcerned, never responded to the calls from hospital staff or from the family. I debated charging him with malpractice but was not up to spending thousands of legal costs and time. I would stay away from this rude practice.... receptionist needs a lesson on telephone etiquette.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Can never get ahold of him. He's either not there or u get an answering machine that is full. When u do get in. He barely even pays attention to u. Just gives u meds and on the off chance u get tests done. U never get a call back or can't get ahold of him to find out

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr Kugler is a kind, caring, compassionate, understanding, knowledgable and highly effective physician who listens and works with me to support me in achieving wellness. He has a wonderful bedside manner that I really appreciate and at no time do I ever feel rushed, unheard or dismissed during my appointments with him. When he does not have the ability to address a specific concern he thoughtfully requisitions tests and makes referrals to specialists. He reviews and consults with me and follows through until their is a resolution to my presenting condition. Simply put: Dr.Kugler has immense integrity and I am very grateful he is my family physician.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

in retrospect i have mixed feelings about doctor kugler. Hes a very nice man and particularly has a decent bedside manner. but dont ever go to him for mental health issues your better off asking for a referral to an actual mental health professional. he put me on a medication to treat my anxiety.. however the medication itself started giving me mood swings. his solution essentially was to diagnose me with bipolar with a general form sheet and put me on more meds. it nearly ruined my life.. until i eventually got a psychologist who properly diagnosed me and got me off them. i can affirm to many of the other issues, his clinic is often a huge mess, everything seems to be unorganized and he seems to be relatively lax about leaving personal files open. he has the most unprofessional receptionist ever.. she is nice if you happen to be on her good side but if you aren't things will be a lot harder for you. i dont know how she still works there. the phone never seems to be answered and sometimes its a real pain just to get either an appointment or even a prescription filled.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

My family has been with Dr. Kugler since 1990. He's very friendly and listens to what you have to say. Depending when your appointment is patients are rushed when its really busy. Dr. Kugler has alot of knowledge and helps you with any health concerns (such as referals) right away. Pat is amazing shes always so friendly, caring and helpful if you ever have any questions or concerns. She's very helpful for those who have anxiety and phobias with needles. The only person I feel comfortable doing my shots. Dr. Kugler receptionist overall is good but have had a few encounters that were negative however is typically helpful. One of the biggest issues our family has is trying to get through on the phone to book an appointment. The phone always busy and you have to keep trying over and over again to actually get through. In addition the hours throughout the week is not the same each day for the doctor office being open which makes it very tricky to book appointments . However overall he has been very helpful with minor and major health issues.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I've been with Dr. Kugler since he took over Dr. Thompson practice. He's changed over the years and is much more personal. He knows his stuff. The office needs some updates. He tries his best to not keep you waiting. Overall, it's usually a good experience going to see him.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

He is a good person and very passionate about his position as a Doctor. I have had no problems with this Doctor. He is not a "pill pusher". My experience, he asked if I wanted a prescription, I said no. End of story. All in all, yes it can be difficult to get a hold of the Doctor, but if you go there and sit in the waiting room you will understand why the phone does not always get answered.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr.Kugler is a excellent doctor I am his patient sens 1988 when he started in Dr Thompson office. Saved my life

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Doc was pretty rude and arrogant in his early years but seems to have mellowed a bit. He misses a few issues that were caught by other specialists and perhaps his mellowing is his way of apologizing for his oversights. Good at filling prescriptions and yes his offices are a mess and probably unsanitary for a health facility. I think the good doc likes to keep his overhead down. You can do better. I have been to more humble MDs with far more patience and thoroughness. The admin assistant try under oppressive working conditions. Reaching by phone has improved somewhat but health care providers should be far more accessible than this.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015