Ratings for Dr. Daniel C. Reed

I wrote the previous entry about the pain in my left flank that sent me to the emergency room.I finally found a new GM several months ago,who referred me to a spinal specialist and he got me into Spinal Therapy with a specialist.Conclusion is that I have deep tissue injury to the left side of my L5-deep muscle tear/strain,strain to tendons,and ligaments that attach to that side of my spine and hip. Inflammation was causing more damage,and I was compensating because it was painful to walk,bend,lay flat on my back or side,if I sneezed the already injured areas would spasm. Doctors have been amazed that he didnt order a x-ray or look further into the situation.This situation got so painful that I would fight back tears,no longer could run,barely could walk,and was miserable.This type of injury does not get better on its own,but it can get worse.Obviously I was not in need of fiber therapy and it was not fibromaligia.At least now I feel cared about, that what pain I feel exists.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Over a year ago I was having a tremendous amount of pain in my lower back and left flank,I was crawling out of bed,couldn't sneeze or cough without hitting the floor.So I borrowed money and went to Primary Health emergency clinic.They just referred me to Dr.Reed.He was very likeable.He at first suggested fiber therapy.I went in three more times,once after the pain was waking me up at night and I was in tears.I have a high tolerance for pain so this was unusual.He made a referral to a Rheumatologist for Fibromalgia.I called this Dr. And explained the RE visit,they said to come in,$250 visit,and they would be glad to refer me to another Dr.After spending 13 years in surgery as a scrub I was floored by this.I ended up in the ER for the pain and they did a complete blood work and X-rays which showed degenerative spinal disease L1-L5,nerve compression,bone spurs and very likely tendonitis.I am out of work and no insurance.To this day Dr.Reed has not received the reports from the ER

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

I liked him my first visit. On My second visit he referred me to a specialist because I was still having problems. He didn't seem interested in listening to me. I am going to find another doctor who listens better.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Dr. Daniel C. Reed's Credentials

• University Of California, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)