Ratings for Dr. Lawrence S. MacTavish

I was less than inspired by Dr. MacTavish. He was more involved in things outside of my exam room than with me personally. I am a Type II diabetic and was sent by my PCP for that reason. He never took a pulse on my foot or checked for lesions but instead decided to only address a toenail with fungus. He did cut all my toenails and even cut back the infected nail, so far back that he drew blood , however, he did address this with ointment and a band-aid. Not the best doctor appointment but not the worst. But then I got a bill! Mind you, I paid more than my copay at the appointment so I was surprised to be billed more. I was asked to pay more money for a procedure to "drain skin abscess" which I am assuming is the ointment and bandaid where he nicked my toe? I am fairly certain I would have noticed a draining of the abcess or, at the very least, been told that was going to happen! I can testify there was no drainage! He charged my insurance $241.54, the insurance paid $87.97 and the insurance said my responsibility was $21.99. I did contact the office, they did check the notes and with the doctor, and they determined I did need to pay the extra. I will pay it but asked them to remove me from any future appointments as I would not continue a relationship with Dr. MacTavish. It is interesting to note that in later conversations with many friends, this has happened with others who also had gone to this doctor. This is one reason why insurance gets expensive! Beware when you go to Dr. MacTavish - you won't have a bad visit, it will be okay, but you never know what you will be charged for. This reeks of dishonesty....

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

i have used mactavish for 20 + years and he is wonderful i would not go to another podiatrist!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

Dr. MacTavish was amazing. His knowledge of medicine was mountainous.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Has a sense of humor and was a very knowledgeable and helpful doctor.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2006

Dr. Lawrence S. MacTavish's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union