Ratings for Dr. David J. Altman

Called office to follow up on a consultation my son had with the Doctor. Debbie answered the phone and was very unwilling to engage in conversation. My way or the highway attitude. Dr was not willing to start treatment for an unusual case of cystic acne due to a recent surgery. Of course I understand that, but I just wanted to have a conversation to perhaps see if any other options were available. Such as going back to the surgeon and have a release or something of that nature which states he has healed enough for treatment of acne or even a different med that wouldn't be an issue with surgery. My son suffers from severe allergies, food allergies, EE and asthma. Very possible this cystic acne is related to food allergy. It is very painful and has been treated for several years with several different meds along with external skin treatments and lots of money. No success at this point. The reason why we came to this Doctor was for a new experience and oh boy did we get that. I appreciate the previous Doctor we used and the very helpful staff. Debbie was absolutely rude, ignorant, terrible and showed no compassion. Poor choice for someone to answer the phone. Won't recommend 👎🏻

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

First visit meet mr Altman and he was very knowledgeable and took plenty of time to explain

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I had two spots show-up which turned out to be basal carcinoma, which Dr. Altman detected immediately, but as required and expected were confirmed by him sending them for biopsies. I was seen right away, treated very professionally by both he and his office staff. Subsequent to review of the biopsies, he sent me to Dr. Paul W. Wirth (who is also excellent) and removed them within three weeks of the biopsies. I have recommeded Dr. Altman to a friend and wouldhighly recommend Dr. Altman to those in need of a dermatologist. Great, modern building with plenty of capacity for growth; facility is well staffed and technologically current and is accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I have had several problems with skin cancer and Dr. Altman was excellent. I was seen promptly, treated professionally and all of my concerns were addressed each and every visit. I highly recommend Dr. Altman.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Always very long wait time. make sure you have couple of hrs extra. Always long wait time last one 1 &1/2 hr wait??

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Over one hour naked in a cold exam room before leaving without seeing the doctor or a PA ... Dr. Altman, you have to be kidding. Never again.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

I have been waiting almost 4 months for my medical notes. It appears Dr. Altman never wrote notes from my April, 2014 exam. Why would a doctor wait months to write notes? How can a doctor remember the specifics, 3-4 months after the exam?

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

My husband is a patient of Dr. Altman. He suggested I see him for a skin checkup. I found Dr. Altman to be very knowledgeable and thorough. He treated me with liquid nitrogen for a sun spot that is considered precancerous. So glad I went to see him. Highly recommend. The wait wasn't too bad either.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

The doctor, physician's assistant, and nurse seemed to have the desire to assist our child with his abnormal mole. However, the office staff needs a lesson in kindness and respect. We waited nearly two weeks for biopsy results for our young child. Out of hours of fear and anxiety, I called and was told the results were in, but it wasn't their official "follow up day", so I needed to wait for their call. Apparently this receptionist has no regard for human beings or a parents's concern. She was rude, disrespectful, and unprofessional. Because of her actions, we chose to walk into the office to ask for the results, where the receptionist, again was inappropriate and yelled throughout the office that we were already told to wait. Have a heart and try to remember that your "business" is in human lives, not new slippers.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Had terrible experience of wait time over 2 hours. I am very sick and Dr. Altman was terrible and did not try to help skin condition caused by other medications. Went to someone else downtown and they immediately starting treating me. Dont go to this doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Dr. David J. Altman's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)