Dr. Richard Johnstone

Ratings for Dr. Richard Johnstone

The same day appointments at Grandview are a pain to deal with. Although generally very punctual, once you get to see Dr. Johnstone, it always feels like he is rushing you back out the door. He never remembers anything about you, or your past appointments, even if he has been your family physician for decades (as in my case)! After a couple of minutes in his office, he opens the door and stands there waiting for you to leave, even if you're still telling him why you're there! No rapport with his patients!! Wish Cambridge had other doctors available.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

Good - very punctual, willing to send to specialists Poor- bedside manner, no rapport, can be dismissive.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

this doctor has been more than helpful got me to stop smoking, working with me with my blood pressure, weight lost, maybe Grandview need to teach their appointment desk, why do they need to know why I want an appointment with the doctor why are they so rude

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

Even tho he has been our doctor for a great many years both my husband and I find him to be very rushed to get you out without really listening to what you have to say . I agree with all others about not even remembering what you were in to see him about with a previous visit . It is like you have to recap him on everything even tho you have been his patients for years . with him you get a 5 min. apptmt. not 10 minutes , so he can end his day early when he reaches his max . same day bookings suck , it is like playing the lottery when you are on the phone first thing in the morning to try and get in just to hear that he is already booked for the day . And if i do tell them that i will go to emerg or walk-in then miraculously they have an opening because they know the doctor does not want to lose out on any money . If I could get another doctor I would , because I feel I have to play doctor with my own family's lives whenever we go to see him !

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

As a young teenager I was dealing with some very heavy depression after moving. He told me that I was just being a brat! (maybe I was- but in my unstable condition that is the worst thing a dr could ever say!) I have never liked him since that day!! I would give him negative numbers for helpfulness and knowledge!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2008

Dr. Johnstone is OK...but he lacks giving reasonable advice to further investigate any possible underlying problems to other health issues. I don't think he's thorough. He really should remember to keep a one-on-one relationship with his patience and show he truly cares. That's An IMO

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Richard Johnstone helped me through some very difficult issues in the over twenty years I saw him and I am forever grateful. Since leaving the Cambridge area I have come to realise he is the one thing about Cambridge I do miss.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2008

IS REALY A GOOD DOCTOR GIVE THE ATETION YOU NEED IS MY DOCTOR FOR 18 YEARS AND I VERY HAPPY

flag | Submitted April 1, 2008

Dr. J has been my personal physician since the early 80's.I'm still alive.While no doctor (or other person)is perfect I have found him to be tenacious in trying to resolve all my health issues.He is thorough and attentive when dealing with matters.Perhaps the people who see him in a negative way ie:quick and hurried,just don"t recognize or acknowledge his true level of competence.He is sometimes quick because of his EXPERIENCE!Any comments about scheduling etc. are not reflective of Dr.J or any of the other fine Doctors at Grandview.In closing I would like to say"Keep up the good work and I am grateful to have you as my physician"

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

Dr. Johnstone has been my family doctor for years and I think he is one of the best doctors around. Although he is with a clinic, if I want to see him instead of another doctor, I've never been refused. He listens attentively to every detail and is not afraid to refer to others who are more knowledgeable in certain fields. He's a keeper.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2007