Ratings for Dr. Bentley L. Patterson

After making an appointment and getting half naked in the little room I was told there is NO doctor in the office today. I was to see a non M.D. , physicians assistant. After waiting 30 minutes for the PA in the paper gown who never showed up, I put on my clothes and left. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I was actually granted an appointment two days after I called, which is quite miraculous for a dermatologist, but after double checking that my insurance was covered, the office staff looked at the card, and told me immediately that the insurance was not covered. After asking three times, one women did check with the doctor, and in fact, Dr. Patterson did accept my insurance. I then waited an 1.5 hours to be seen by the doctor. When my name was finally called, the doctor rushed through my appointment, answered a private call on her cell phone mid-way through the appointment, and was extremely rude to me the entire time. I came for acne treatment, and she prescribed the exact medicines that I was currently taking, though they were not working. She also does not prescribe accutane. I was completely blown away with the very poor service, and terrible patient interaction. I would not recommend this doctor for another seeking treatment for acne.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

I am a hispanic woman. I waited almost a month and a half to see this Doctor, thinking she was a hair specialist. I was referred to her from co-workers telling me that she tested their hair and prescribed hair products to stimulate their growth. When i went there, she just asked me what shampoo we were using and hairdresser and even gave me a couple of over the counter $3 hair products. I was upset and told her how i felt. I explained that i have been using even better products than that and the hair has been coming out on the brush and in the shower. I even brought some evidence, which she didn't even look at. I then continued to tell her that the ladies in my job (black ladies) told me different about her. She proceded to say that she as a dermatologist don't test hair. She gave nothing to me. Meanwhile the ladies at my job told me she gave them hair stimulants and prescribed shampoos. She referred me to buy $3 products. I feel there's some prejudice here.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

Dr. Bentley L. Patterson's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1974)