Ratings for Dr. A. J. DeRocquigny

I’ve been a patient for about 5 years now and extremely grateful for his care. He has been compassionate and supportive with my medications and insurance for my disability. He really listens and seems to understand and empathize with all of my issues, highs and lows. I don’t know what I’ll do when he retires. (I was lucky to have been referred to him when my previous psychiatrist sadly passed away.)

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

This is just a patient update following a previous rating. The long and short of it is that Derocquigny as well as one of his minions made false allegations against me that are documented in the medical records prepared by the stellar neanderthal himself. As of yet I have not been able to find a satisfactory resolution.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Dr Rocquigny was the only doctor that could cure my depression out of 5 I saw. He saved my life.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I am NOT a patient of DeRocquigny nor will I ever be! This man has destroyed my right to live peacefully and happy in my old age. He has a patient that lives in the same block as I do. Now, I don't know what I have done to this tenant for him to have a discussion with his doctor about me. DeRocquigny cost me an apartment that was promised to me. When another apartment came up, I had to fight through legal channels to have it. It hasn't even been a year that I am in my new apartment and now I am finding myself out on the street at the end of this month. I found out that somehow DeRocquigny has something to do with this also. This same tenant has also informed me that DeRocquigny is on the board of directors for Manitoba Housing and gets his young patients into Manitoba housing that is meant for 55+. It is time for that man to turn in is license. This my opinion...DeRocquigny only cares about those he can control. I can't even give him one star...unless this site forces me to.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Kind, understanding and encouraging. Mental health is a very tricky area. It takes a special kind of Dr to never give up on you..... you can have some very dark moments. Dr.D has been amazing support to me from my darkest moments to my brightest. Thankful for his dedication.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Upon reviewing my medical records, I discovered that Derocquigny had written that I had accused more than one psychiatrist of sexually assaulting me. I contacted the Minister of Health to inform them that my medical records 'alleged' that I indiscriminately accuse psychiatrists of sexual abuse. In addition, I found references to 'violent tendencies' allegedly towards a registered psychiatrist nurse which I also brought to the attention of the Minister. She assisted me to have a statement of correction placed on my Victoria Hospital records. De Rocquigny also used an authorization to view medical records to obtain records which he did not have the legal right to access. A lawyer reviewed my medical records, commenting that the the records showed little regard for me, my health or health care. Unfortunately my only option was to pay for a forensic psychiatrist to review the records to determine whether there were any legal or ethical violations (malpractice). I instead simply chose to file a complaint with Victoria Hospital and the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Patient's update
Incidentally, one should always be aware of the number of health care professionals, from doctors to health care aides who have access to medical records, particularily those of mental health care patients.

Submitted April 11, 2015

Patient's update
This 'alleged' doctor is not a fan of either Victim's Rights nor Patient's Rights. I was denied access to the inpatient psychiatric hospital subsequent to an 'altercation' with a PEN over my right to refuse 'treatment' by an 'unqualified' mental health care worker masquerading as a doctor.

Submitted December 8, 2015

Patient's update
On the other hand, Derocquigny did, through his disregard for my welfare and well being, help me to uncover the 'cover up' of a sexual assault by a previous psychiatrist. Much to my absolute horror, I discovered through an investigation starting in 2012, that both the psychiatrist who offered to file the complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgeons 'on my behalf', and the College of Physicians and Surgeons itself failed to address the issue of sexual misconduct on the part of the accused and denied me 'due process' in the resolution and settlement of the complaint. Fortunately for me, a case in Ontario very similar to mine has come to light and is being investigated, giving me some hope for an eventual, positive resolution. (Where psychiatrists accused of sexual assault will now be subject to criminal prosecution.) Perhaps from now on, evidence to correct a medical record prepared by a Neanderthal psychiatrist will exist where it is supposed to exist!

Submitted December 20, 2015

Patient's update
The long and the short of it is that Derocquigny and one of his minions recorded in my chart false allegations against me which I never would have known about except that I requested and paid for a copy of medical records. Over the years in an attempt to correct the medical record I have contacted Derocquigny himself, the CPSM, a former psychiatrist, 2 Ministers of Health, a lawyer, the WRHA, the Attorney General's office and the Office of the Ombudsman - all to no avail. But I will keep trying. As time goes by and more information comes to light (Dr. Colin Ross) it all gets easier. Go figure!

Submitted August 22, 2017

Patient's update
Persistence pays off. The records have been corrected.

Submitted October 13, 2017

Patient's update
This psychiatrist demonstrates an uncommon ethical obligation - to his colleagues. If you have been victimized by a sexually predatory health care professional Derocquigny requires proof by way of a criminal conviction or other legal action that his colleague is not being falsely accused. Please always be aware of patient safety issues re: psychotropic medication, continuity of care, diagnosis and the content of medical records as well as issues relating to victim's rights, and the protection of civil, constitutional and human rights. Or maybe just don't turn to the psychiatric system for support for certain types of mental health issues. Get a lawyer instead. Far more effective to treat the psychological and emotional issues associated with trying to surviving a violent crime.

Submitted October 15, 2017

Dr. DeRocquigny has saved me! His aggressive treatment while I was in the Vic finally broke through the black walls of depression and anxiety and ocd that had imprisoned me for years. Not any magic bullet; but he keeps up on the new treatment options and tried one with me (a combo of an older drug with one I was on); he had just heard of it at a convention. It worked! I had been on various drugs; but none really broke the darkness for me. He does seem a bit definite about his prescriptions--but then they DO WORK! He is kind and easy to talk to and gives gentle prodding towards goals for healing. Even though he is uber busy,he never rushes me. I think he is a knowledgeable physician and a caring human being. He puts one at ease. I was blessed to be given him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Dr. Derocquigny referred to the sexual abuse I suffered at the hands of another psychiatrist ( a colleague of Dr. Deroc) as 'alleged' despite the facts of the case being easily accessible to him. He also passed his opinion along to his staff, and others, that the assault was 'alleged'. Definitely NOT an appropriate choice of psychiatrists for survivors of sexual abuse and sexual assault! Additionally, Dr.DeRoc prescribed a drug cocktail that exacerbated my thyroid condition, caused a heart arrhythmia, persistent cough and auditory hallucinations - none of which he took too seriously. I have withdrawn from all psychotropic drugs and left the mental health care system.

Submitted November 23, 2013

Andre likes to make smiling arbitrary positive assertions like "you didn't eat". He seems to regard mental illness much like a fire that needs to be stamped out, without investigating its cause. He fails to give any feed back at all, such as advice or self-help books, he fails to give valid definitions, and when pressed he babbles conservatively and doesn't attempt to translate into English. His idea of therapy is saying how great sports is, I assume sports is universalizable with all his male patients to "(i like to)get away from it all". He struggles and gives up complacently and skeptically when I mention a simple piece of art that a child could grasp, and he explains that he's just not a fan of art on his good days. He scowls with displeasure with any literature of logical empirical facts that assert that there are major blunders in modern history, and occasionally objects that it's Good to appeal to what the masses appeal to, particularly religion is O.k with him in this respect.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Dr DeRocquigny is an excellent doctor. He is very calm, compassionate, friendly, patient, respectful, professional and reassuring. His unit at the Vic is the very best and his staff are fantastic. I highly recommend for the best care and treatment.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013