Ratings for Dr. Elliott L. Rustad

This was one of the best doctors that I have ever gone to for care. He was professional, kind, answered my questions and did not rush me. He took care of what I needed all in one appointment and removed some nasty looking moles. I liked it that he did the removal of the moles and didn't have a PA or APRN do it like some doctors would do. The office staff were friendly and helpful. I will definitely go to him again if I need to go to a dermatologist again. I would highly reccommend him for my friends and family.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

I wish I could give zero stars. No, negative stars. This has been the single absolute worst experience I've had with any medical professionals, and I use that word lightly as their practices are anything but professional. I called Monday 7/17 to inquire about setting up an appointment as a new patient. I was advised that the Dr. was only at this location on Wednesdays, and was about to go on vacation for a couple weeks, so they wanted to fit me in Wednesday 7/19. I had to put strain on my colleagues and ask for time off to attend this appointment, short notice, which is frowned upon at my place of employment. I made the 45 minute drive to town to make my appointment, only to show up to a LOCKED DOOR. I called another location to try and figure out what was going on only to find out that there has been an alleged "family emergency" and they cannot make appointments for the next 3 weeks. Now if there truly is an emergency, I understand, things happen, but let your patients know at least so we can plan accordingly... I do find it ironic that they can tell me he will be out for a few weeks on an "emergency" and coincidentally that's the time I was told he will be on vacation. People typically can't predict the duration of an emergency so the fact that they knew that same time frame was rather telling. Anywho, the office in Lincoln says they called me, and even confirmed that they have my number right (they do) I just checked the call logs, not one phone call or voice message or text message or email. The office staff was extremely unsympathetic and I was told to call again in a few weeks to make a new appointment. How could I not laugh? Not only will I NEVER come back here I will make sure everyone I know is aware of these practices so they never have to go through what I've been through today. Absolutely stunning disregard for their patients the likes of which I've never seen

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

After waiting 45 minutes he had my son with HF Autism Sooo Scared of him... He told him if he kept picking he'd put him in full body casts... When telling him it's part of his Anxiety and he's picking at scars he basically said to Stop making excuses for him... Not Why we CAME... it only made matters worse needless to say we found a different Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Elliott Rustad has cared for my family and me for years. If you have a skin problem he is the only person to trust in Lincoln!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

When I was a baby I had a hemangioma on my left leg. As it healed it left a pink rash looking area on my leg. In the last few years the area has turned into white spots. In the last six months a white spot has opened into a one inch sore that is EXTREMELY painful. I finally go in to get it looked at and after waiting almost 2 hours in his office for my appt that I arrived 15 minutes early to, he takes one look at my leg and says he knows exactly what did this. He accused me of being a digger (digging into my own skin). He didn't even look at my file. Had no idea what my history of skin care was. My mother jumped in because he is obviously completely wrong. He did not listen to a word anyone had to say. His nurse seemed to be more concerned than he did. He repeatedly stated he has helped over 300,000 patients and knows exactly what it is. He diagnosed me with dermitis factitia and prescribed me a cream and told me to keep it covered and not to touch it. It wasn't until after the appointment I found out that this dermitis factitia is from self infliction of the skin for attention. Needless to say I wasted my time and money at this office for absolutely no answer. I am now having to go somewhere else to actually have this looked at because it is growing rapidly. Never, ever go here. My lesson was unfortunately learned the hard way and I am extremely disappointed.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Never going back! Rude and filthy. Only one nurse knew what was going on...rest of staff he flirted with in front of me. Take his license!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT DR RUSTAD.... BUT HE HAS HELPED ME AND MY FAMILY A GREAT DEAL...LOVE HIM

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

Terribly long wait to be seen. At least 45 minutes. We had an appt set for 9am and we arrived on time only to have the Dr show up 20 minutes later. Limited bedside manner and doesn't explain much. Once this round of treatments are over, we will be switching doctors.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I had a very uncomfortable experience with this doctor. Not only am I very conscious of my skin problems but I also have white coat syndrome. He made me feel bad about myself and that I need to "stop doing what I'm doing". He was just plain rude. On top of that, he made comments regarding my looks which made me extremely uncomfortable (I'm 22, a woman, and even had to take off my shirt to view moles--- never again!) When I got to the pharmacy, the pharmacist told me that he prescribes outdated meds; he even had to special order ingredients they no longer carry. Oh- and they don't even electronically send scripts so be ready to wait to get them filled. He is only available for appts on Wednesdays. Time to retire, doc.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

I love Dr. RUSTAD!!! I think he is awesome. I have had acne my entire adult life... well after about 4 visits my acne is gone. .. :)

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Dr. Elliott L. Rustad's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1960)

Commercial Insurance Company