Ratings for Dr. Shirley Ann Schwab

I recently saw Dr. Schwab for the first time at her Yaletown location. While I don't need my doctors to be warm and overly caring, I do expect my doctor to introduce herself, and prescribe a medication that is available. She did not ask my name to verify that I was the correct person, nor did she directly look at the issue that I came to see her with. She solely sat in front of her computer and prescribed me medication that the pharmacy said was discontinued. Poor people skills, and clearly not up to date.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Dr. Schwab has been our family doctor for 12 years. When my kids and I arrive the wait is minimal. I don't know if Dr. Schwab has children but she always takes time is patient and looks my kids in the eyes when speaking with and treating them and never rushes through an appointment. I find her thoughtful with her diagnosis, more of an old style approach, she listens....Oh, and I don't ever recall that someone's facial appearance made them better at anything so it matters not one bit to bedside manner, Dr. Schwab 's is kind.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

She has let me down and am no longer a patient, mainly because she seemed uninterested in what I had to say. I also was made aware that Dr. Schwab has a low moral character. No stars.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I went to Dr. Schwab with my daughter, who has a mental disability, because we could not get a convenient appointment with her family doctor, who works in the same place. She prescribed my daughter a medication and an RX. I also asked Dr. Schwab a referral for my daughter´s endocrinologist, and she said that I had to ask that to my daughter´s family doctor because she could see nothing in my daughter´s chart saying that she went to an endocrinologist. As soon as we left, I noticed Dr. Schwab hadn´t given us the prescription. I went back and got it through the secretary. When I went to the pharmacy where we always go, they found out the prescription was for another person with a similar name. That´s why she had seen no endocrinologist in my daughter´s chart. With the requisition for the RX, the same thing happened, it was for that other person. This is very scary.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

The worst doctor in downtown Vancouver. I went to Dr. Schwab because she was accepting new patients and I really needed a family doctor. Even after seeing her for nearly 4 years she never once remembered who I was, or even pronounced my name correctly. She has zero bedside manner and seems bored whenever you come to her with a medical issue. She also moved her office and didn't notify her patients.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Really terrible doctor. Been twice with my kid, firstly she gave wrong antibiotic as I was told in kids emergency, secondly she said allergies are fine and should not be treated for toddlers.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Schwab for almost 5 years and she has to be the worst doctor in Vancouver. Despite her total lack of facial movements and scary appearance, the real issue with Dr. Schwab is her total lack of tack and empathy. She also seems as though she would rather be anywhere other than helping you during an appointment. The real kicker was when she moved her office across town and didn't contact her existing patents, I found out by calling her office only to find out that she had closed it and moved to yaletown ... Worst Doctor in Vancouver

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Schwab's for over 15 years and have found her knowledgeable, punctual, professional and pro-active. She has also gone above and beyond for my family, taking her time listening to our health concerns and recommending us to specialists promptly when necessary. I would highly recommend Dr Schwab as a physician!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I cannot believe what an awful doctor this practitioner is. Her lack of smile aside (she's got so much botox and collagen injected into her face she can barely move her mouth to talk), her fundamental medical knowledge is extremely poor, and her interpersonal skills are horrendous. I followed up about a growing cyst in my thyroid. It showed larger on a recent ultrasound and I wanted to know if I should return to my ENT. She then told me ENTs don't deal with thyroid issues. I explained that I'd seen an ENT and she had recommended I return if the cyst got larger. I even showed her the letter from the ENT, but Dr Schwab just kept saying "only endocrinologists" deal with thyroids. She was so rude and uncaring. In the end I walked out of her room and asked to see a real doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr Schwab is one the most kindest and caring Doctors i ever met in Vancouver.She always make sures that you do all the test required ,in order to find out the main issues with your health.My Name is Azadeh and this is a real review :) I persnally do NOT care about my Doctor smiling or not smiling in my visit.I care about the Doctor caring about my health.Many Doctors wont even allow you to mention more than 2-3 syptoms on each visit,but Doc Schwab takes her time and helps you as much she can.I recommend her to everone who needs a caring Doc.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016