Ratings for Dr. Clifford Lester Adelbert Affoo

Dr.Affoo has been my family doctor since I was 12 in 1987. He is very thorough and knowledgeable. He saved my life and that of my unborn child in 1997 when I contracted septicemia as the result of another less competent doctor. Though he is very busy, I believe it is a testament to his excellence as a doctor. Anyone who is fortunate enough to have him as a family physician is in good hands.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Doctor Afoo has been my doctor for the last 20 years in the bigining he was a terrific doctor but as time past I felt that he can no longer provide the service that made him a great doctor. Now his lack of concern and generally treated me as a sub pare patient. In fact my last visit started with and I quote"What do you want I am busy?" It was this question that indicated to me that he no longer has the time or comcern to treat me with the consideration and concern that every patient in this country deserves. I am now in the process of finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

Dr Affoo has been my doctor for 24 years,in the past I have been happy with my visits but in the last few years im sorry to say that he is very impersonal and doesnt even make eye contact with me on a few occasions. I have been in good health for the past 3 years and havent had to see him, when I did go in lately for a check up he was quite rude and made me feel like i was taking up space on his patient list. He even commented that if i didnt come in more often and died that it wasnt going to keep him awake at night. I left very hurt and disappointed because I felt i was in good health . I always felt that doctors would be glad if a patient didnt come in because it meant they were feeling well.. apparently its all about money. Perhaps hes just too busy now, anyway im sorry to have to post this opinion , but I want to be as honest as he must have thought he was to me that day. But I guess I shouldnt lose any sleep over it as well.Im just sorry its turned out this way after 24 years.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

This doctor is so busy that he almost doesn't bother to even look at you...he's too busy reading his mail. I don't believe he listens or cares and often shoves me out the door with a prescription without even knowing what I was there for! He needs to stop reading mail and start hearing his patients!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

Dr Affoo has been my family physician since 1990. I have never met a more compassionate or considerate doctor in my entire life. When I became a single mother, Dr Affoo was there for me in more ways than I can count. One day in December 1997, I received a message at work to attend his office as soon as I was able. When I got to his office he led my upstairs and told me a story of a lady who had lost her son that year and wanted to help somebody in return for Affoo's care for her son. He told me he couldn't think of anyone who deserved it more than me and my children. To date, I have still not been able to provide the magical christmas that this woman and Dr Affoo had. My gratitude to both this woman and Dr Affoo is immeasurable. I have never forgotten and can only hope that some day I too can share that same compassion as I had received. To this day I am grateful to have him continue to offer me and my family the best care I could imagine. I truly enjoy him and his staff. Thank You!!!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

Dr. Affoo is a VERY busy doctor and because of this it can be difficult to get an appointment. He often seems distracted (busy reading other mail) during office visits. He is quick to send you out the door for most medical issues with a quick fix (prescription)but is knowledgeable and attentive when the diagnosis is more serious. He is funny and personalble outside the office and has a better "bedside manner" when you're not his current patient. Overall, one of the area's better physicians.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

Easy to talk to~ Fun to meet in public ~ Will not act like he dose not know you!! like the last one. On target on the problems and solved them a smile. Tough to get to when you work in toronto but worth it... You know you can trust him more then emerg. at alliston .. Took the time to explain and teach me what to do to solve the issues. Plus took me at short notice even though it was nothing... He is high in my books + my son likes me to!! So the ? is do you deal with him? I say YES!!!! Keep :-)

flag | Submitted October 16, 2007

probably a good Doctor, unless you work at Honda...He likes to push cortezone injections for joint decrepation, which only masks the under-lying problems- so you can go back to work and do some more damage.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

Brutal MD,, this quack told me I was faking it,,The Surgeon I saw after him was not impressed. I can believe he pulls the wool over so many eyes.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

He seems more interest in making money then looking after you as a patient.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007