Ratings for Dr. Lois McLaughlin

McLaughlin has good manners and is pleasant when you're perfectly healthy. If you're not healthy you're pretty much out of luck as you'll see. You'll get the standard "care" which is some pills with rotten side effects or get told you're depressed when your minutes are up and out the door you go! Since her office switched to the roster model the care has severely deteriorated. I guess it's all about the $$$.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2018

Dr McLaughlin's staff are professional and helpful. Some are also very kind. Appointments are usually on time or are close to being on time.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

Dr. Lois McLaughlin is such a caring and knowledgeable doctor. I have been a patient of hers for as long as I can remember and have never had any issues. Staff very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

Been with Dr. McLaughing for many years now! Her and her staff are amazing! Very friendly and helpful! I recommend her and staff to anyone look for a family doctor!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Excellent Doctor been seeing her for 28 years! Knowledgable and helpful !

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Dr. McLaughlin has been my family doctor for over 20 years. She is a calm and relaxed person and doesn't make a mountain out of a molehill, which is great because I can do that myself! Her office will always get the kids in quickly so you never have to feel stressed about getting in. She has a great sense of humour and will always lighten your mood. A great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Whose side is she on anyways? The patient? Or the government and big pharma? Or her own pockets? Like all doctor's in the Ontario "Health" "Care" system, in it for the buck. Get you in get you out. Like most MDs, completely clueless in healing chronic disease but just treats symptoms with toxic pharmaceuticals. Spends less than 5 minutes per appointment. Totally inept, I've watched her google things on a quack website during an appointment. At best a gate-keeper for specialists and at worst dismisses you or backs up big-pharma. Prescribed me horrible drugs that had lasting side-effects! Tells me the side-effects are "depression" which is my fault. Suffered for 6 years from chronic disease. Gave up and went to a naturopath instead. Been getting healthier ever since!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Doesn't care about people....just money. Didn't follow up on diagnosis, prescribed wrong medication and in general was just indifferent to the problem I have.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

My family and I have been seeing Dr. McLaughlin since I was a kid. For common colds, little things that come up she is great... efficient. However, when it comes to more serious things I feel like she could improve. There have been three instances in my family where serious things were going on and she pushes off further testing/investigations/medications which resulted in hospital visits. One being a week long and all resulting in a lot of pain.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. McLaughlin's for over 20 years. She is easy to talk to regarding problems. I like the process she uses for questioning about the problem I've presented to determine if further investigation is required. There are a few times I felt a more in depth analysis of the problem could have been performed beyond the original questioning but in reality I don't think that the more complex or unique situations can be fully diagnosed in a 10 minute office visit. Every time I've been referred by Dr. McLaughlin to a specialist I've always been sent to someone who is skilled in their area of expertise. Dr. McLaughlin has done her homework to ensure she is sending her patients to one of the better specialists in our area. That is peace of mind for me since I have many friends who have not been as fortunate to have their GP's send them to good quality specialists which has created them more health problems than they went in with.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016