Ratings for Dr. Ann Maria Theresia Sirek

She was my doctor since September 1996. She is great with my diabetes stuff. She diagnosed me with Hypothyroidism and High Chlosterol. I manage my diabetes stuff all right. I had 3 babies. 2 babies are dead. I have 1 child living and she will be turning 5 in August. Dr. sirek is retired in July 1, 2011.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

dr. sirek. what can i say. she's chronically late, not only with me but with other patients waiting for her. when you do go and see her, she makes you feel like a child and that you don't take accountability for your condition. then she contradicts herself from previous appointments. needless to say i'm going to be requesting a new endocrinologist. i wouldn't recommend dr. sirek in the least. horrible dr.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2011

A very kind and intelligent doctor of endocrinology. She diagnosed me with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder when psychiatrists whose job it is to diagnose PTSD for over 40 years could not. When she told me "I respect your struggle" I knew then she was the most competent doctor I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Dr Ann Sirek (Biggest ****) Dr Sirek in my opnion doesnt deserve the responsibility of caring for patients. Nor do I think she should have a license. Lets just say the Secretary at this doctors office should be fired. Service very poor, not pofessional,long waits for registration. The secretary has a lack of professionalism, poor no respect very rude unorganized. Punctuality is very sad, Dr Sirek is never on time makes patients wait on her all of the time always rushing her patients out of exam rooms, not even done talking before the next patient is there. Treats patients like they area child. The doctor never allows you to talk to her about your health and some concerns you have. I feel horrible around Sirek. Makes you feel small and insignificant. If you don't have what she wants she isn't interested in helping you, regardless of circumstance's. Helpfullnes and approachablity is very poor there is none point blank. NEVER GET HER AS A DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2009

I was quite nervous to meet Dr Sirek after reading many of the comments posted so far, but I found her to be quite pleasant and thorough. She was careful to elict my primary concerns and was quite kind overall. I enjoyed my visit and found it quite helpful.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

This was my first visit and so far I am not impressed. The secretary when I came in was bland and didn't get me the forms I needed to fill out right away. The doctor was late and did not allow me to explain any of my concerns, I also had to reexplain several conditions I have as I mentioned them at the beginning of the appointment but I guess she wasn't paying attention. I have a follow up appointment in a couple of months and if things have not progressed I will be searching for a new endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

My next visit with Dr. Sirek's office is tomorrow. I will give her receptionist a letter telling her to cancel all appointments. I am removing her as my endocrinologist and reverting to my family doctor. She told me to own my diabetes then berated me for mentioning any other doctor's concerns or questions, or was condescending of another doctor's care of me. She told me all the things to track, then never recorded any of my numbers. She didn't like that I printed my blood sugars using a spreadsheet instead of handwriting them. She even got upset that I had calculated an average blood sugar for the different categories I was to track. She wanted an immediate 1ne hour of daily exercise in my routine, and I said no because I can only do 15 minutes at a time and suggested 4 periods of 15. She got upset and some visits ended right after that. I want more support. I am intelligent and can articulate concerns. I'm not going to be browbeaten for trying to own diabetes my own way.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

I have been with Dr. Sirek for 6 years and we had a rocky start because I was not dedicated to my own health. Since I have started taking an interest, Dr. Sirek is the biggest part of my battle with diabetes. She's a wonderful and knowledgable doctor who will go to any lengths to help. I appreciate her and am very thankful that she is my specialist.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

I do find Dr Sirek direct but professional. After I had a biopsy done in her office. I started to cry - out of the blue. She said it was a common reaction and sat with me doing her paperwork until I had composed myself. I'm happy she's on my team. In response to those negative ratings - I have no problem telling a professional if I feel I'm being treated poorly. If you feel you aren't being heard - say something! This is a doctor not a mind reader!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

What a Joke- This miserable **** upset my 76 year old mother so much she refuses to see her again. After waiting for 1 hr. watching patient's go in and come out upset one after another today I think maybe this woman should retire or go into another line of work. Don't waste your time with her!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009