Ratings for Dr. Deepa Takhar

Dr Takhar is one of the best doctors in town in my opinion! She is warm, understanding and extremely friendly. My children have been seeing her for the past 5 years and she's really helped them out. My daughter was diagnosed with asthma when she was 6 and this was a very scary time for me and my family because my grandfather had passed away due to lung disease recently. Dr. Takhar was very reassuring and helped us to understand how to best manage my daughter's asthma and how to prevent attacks! Not only is she extremely knowledgable but she is also very understanding. I have a history of panic attacks and I always know that when I go to dr. T I will find a good listening ear to hear me out. I never feel rushed when I talk to her and I find her to be a very comforting presence. My family and I are so grateful to have her as our GP!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Always quick to mumble some complaint about the Government having made one negative ruling or another about some aspect of her Practice during your appointment, Dr. Takhar is VERY DISTRACTED and I agree with other patients' observations about her diagnostic skills. It very well might be dangerous for you to allow Dr. Takhar to be your GP. Dr. Takhar, be it Baldeep or Deepa (same Doctor with 3 different review listings on Ratemds.com) seems to be going through a Mid-Life crisis over the past 5 years. During my appointments with her, face to face, I have witnessed random episodes of professionalism mixed with anything from inattentiveness, factual and clerical errors about who I was and what tests I had recently, to outbursts of downright SCORN directed at myself, the Ontario and Canadian Governments and the Ontario Medical Association. In over 40 years of visiting Doctors in Ontario, I have only ever once walked out of a Doctor's Waiting Room because of wait times ... you guessed it: Dr. Takhar. And that time, I only got the nerve to walk out in disgust after witnessing 3 other patients leaving before me for the same reason. I believe 99% of her MD Reviews are true - STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR AND CLINIC! I believe 1% of the reviews here are fake: e.g. those reviews that give her a 5 Star rating and claim she is nice, the best, friendly, etc ... Dr. Takhar's 'Franklin Medical Clinic' is always advertising "Accepting New Patients" because patients keep LEAVING IN DISGUST. Because of things the Staff has told me, I believe she has had complaints filed against her with the Ontario Medical Association. I am planning on filing my own complaint soon, now that I have read these reviews and realize that I am not crazy and have had the same HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES, OVER AND OVER as most of the other people complaining about Dr. Takhar on this website. Front desk staff turn-over every 3 months or less and behave as if they are scared of Dr. Takhar. Bullet proof glass was installed all across the front desk, like a bank in some 'Crack-Town' and was then suddenly removed about a year and a half later. Clinic Doctors never last more than a year and are constantly confused, frustrated and reading outdated blood test results from your electronic file. The $20 'out of pocket' ONLINE prescription renewal service they offer is a DISASTER because you get billed instantly against your credit card, even though you still have to constantly check with your Pharmacist and Dr. Takhar's Office about whether or not, and/or why, your Prescription was never faxed to your Pharmacist. A few months ago I saw the Front Desk handing out an iPad to patients in the waiting room; they were told to fill out an electronic touch pad "Questionnaire," confirming who they were and why they were attending the clinic that day. When the patient asked what was "... this all about?" and why they had to confirm what they had already confirmed over the phone when booking their appointment in the first place, the Front Desk said to that patient: "THERE HAVE BEEN SOME MIX-UPS SO WE HAVE TO GET PATIENTS TO SIGN OFF ON THIS." That is the CRAZIEST BS I have ever witnessed or could even IMAGINE witnessing in the waiting room of a Doctor's office in CANADA!

Submitted October 11, 2017

Can't remember me after being her patient for 3 years to busy with her botox clinic

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Modern day rush Dr. No time to listen to all your concerns. Has the new limit of questions which is stupid. You leave without having half your concerns listened to. The staff change here all the time. If your a regular you will see this. The clinic is busy and you will wait for hours most times. She rushes through the appointment and again, you have your concerns not addressed. She is just interested in driving her BMW and getting her hair and nails done. She will take her botox patients before taking us sick ones. I have seen this first hand at her old clinic. If you want Botox you'll go right to the front of the line. Those hockey puck things they give you to call you don't work once you walk out the door and it cost me a entire afternoon at her office. One time I had a appointment there with three other people. Once I got in her office, I was told by the nurse that she took off to Kitchener for unknown reasons and left us patients sitting there. I wouldn't take a dead horse to this woman. Just wants the money and quick decisions.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr Takhar was my family doctor. It's unfortunate that I hadn't had a doctor prior to her as I believed that the level of care she provided was standard. I now know that it was not. She was the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. She didn't recognize me after treating me and literally seeing me again two minutes later. It's all about dollars and cents... not about patient care.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Useless doctor--a disgrace to the her profession. More people need to make complaints to the college, otherwise, she'll continue to hurt people!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

She is the worst doctor I can imagine having. She doesn't care about her patients but does like to talk about her side business. She takes no time to explain anything, even if you specifically made an appointment as follow up to abnormal test results. If she is your doctor, do your best to find a new one as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

This doctor is so bad she needs two accounts on this site! (Deepa & Baldeep Takhar). Staff are ignorant, unskilled and a calamity. I showed up for a 1:30 appointment and by 3:15 as the on-duty doctor was suiting up getting ready to go I finally spoke up. "Oh you had an appointment? I thought you were a walk-in." I've never seen the same doctor twice. I think by the time you rotate through all 5 of them the first ones replaced already. They give you 5 mins and continue to look at their watch. Dangerously, I was asked to explain a recent life threatening hospital visit, they insisted I tell it rather than spend a few mins reading the actual hospital charts that were sent over. When sent to a specialist, they told me several times that they sent test results to him ... They never got them. I called several times about test results, I was told that if they hadn't called I shouldn't worry. Now their website says to always ask about results.! (someone else complain?) Hands down, I feel she put my life at risk and am going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Simple the worst Doctor I've ever meet in my entire life! This is a money making clinic!!! She never looks into the patient eyes during and almost never exam the patient as well. It is a maximum 5 minutes talk looking every 15 seconds at the clock. Terrible!!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

She takes good care of her patients but every time I am there i feel like i'm being directed to her private practice for a thing or another. As for the reception staff, they do what they can to handle the large volume of patients but they can be nicer to people, we all have hard jobs and we don't need to take it on other people.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015