Ratings for Dr. John Howard Mutrie

He has been my doctor for 7 years. Yes he is usually running behind if your appointment is in the late morning or afternoon. However, it is always worth the wait as will listen to all your concerns and doesn't rush you out the door. I was pregnant last year and was having a gallbladder attack. I got an appointment with him that day and he wasn't sure what to do. He called the surgeon on call at the hospital. After that, he personally phoned me at the end of the day and spoke to me on the phone for over 20 minutes. The receptionist at the front is always very nice and welcoming. Anytime I phone, she always listens and will forward any information to Dr. Mutrie on my behalf.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Love the staff... love Dr. Mutrie he is always there to listen and work put a good medical plan with you.... he is the best!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

He is the Best very helpful always been great to me and my family

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

He may not be on time for appointments, but when you get in , he listens to all you have to say, and does not rush you out. Also he will refer you to specialist if he cannot figure it out. He has been our family dr. for over 20 years. We appreciate him and the staff very much.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

If there was a way to rate the staff and punctuality as a ZERO that would be better. He is nice enough but NEVER is he on time. I waited one day for almost 2 hrs because he was that far behind. I was 15Mins late the other day and I was turned away saying you have to rebook later next week or call the ONCALL DR. Like HE has never been late. How far behind is he now? With a weighting room full of people she said yes he is far behind you will have to come rebook. SERIOUSLY??? I am usually never late but today I was and I got slammed. I wish there was a way I could punish him when he is constantly late. The staff are HORRIBLE and crabby. I heard them (while I waited) say Drs Office Please hold...then continue their conversation. No wonder there is a busy signal calling in. I am firing this Dr and would not recommend this office to anyone. He has one less patient to deal with so maybe he will be on time. He is a nice enough guy, but I do not feel my medical needs are being looked after from this office. Fire the front staff and he would be MUCH better off.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I like Dr. Mutrie and feel that he has provided the necessary support for our family, however, he is extremely over-booked. I have never been able to get a same-day appointment, even for severe issues like a lung infection. It is extremely frustrating to always have to be referred to the on-call Dr in the Family Health Network. I only contact him when I know it's necessary, and they are not accommodating at all. Recently I went to an on-call after-hours Dr for my son's pink eye and the entire waiting room was Dr. Mutrie's patients, even though he had been in the office all week. They need to leave more room for same-day appointments.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

My family and myself have been a patients of Dr. Mutrie since I was a child, so about 25 years, and I couldn't imagine going to anyone else. He is patient and he is a great listener, so I don't mind waiting when he is behind schedule because he is doing the same with his other patients. I do not look forward to the day he retires because I don't know if I can find another doctor as good as him.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I am a patient of Dr.Mutrie's for the last 5 years. He took me in with no hesitation. He is very kind and takes time and listens to you. But he never wants to send me for tests because he says why do we have to let the Government pay for all these. This is nothing and gives a prescription. He does not diagnoses the sickness well. The secretary is a total miserable person. Very grumpy and arrogant. She thinks she runs the place. She should retire now. There are enough of graduates and knowledgeable people out there that needs this job. She should quit and stay home and be miserable for ever. I wonder how her family is putting up with her. Forever gets put on hold when ever I call for an appointment. Never can get through. They seems to be busy all the time But when you are actually there it doesn't seem that busy. The Receptionist should retire too now. Give the younger ones a chance to do this job. A Receptionist is the one who Greets and meet people she is the one who can make or break a company's reputation. A simple way of saying Hello How are you today How can we help you makes a persons day when they call in. But Instead get puts on hold and always No appointments when I need it for urgent matters. I think its time to change doctors . After my reports were sent in 3 month ago nothing have been done yet. I need surgery on my wrist and each time I call I get the same answer Doctor have not send in the referral to the surgeon. This is going on he 4th month and I got the answer as the Secretary have to type up and send it in. This is Crazy. By the time I get an answer the problems I have might get worsen.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Never on time...one of the receptionist in particular is very rude...never available when my family needs medical attention

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr Mutrie and his staff have always taken the time to listen and book my children and myself as soon as possibe..even being the same day right away...He is an amazing dr and is not a pill pusher...he makes sure test are done and quality care is given to each patient...A wonderful dr to have. Many thanks need to be given to him and the nurse and receptionist.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015