Ratings for Dr. Norris A. Royston

I love Dr. Royston. He has a wealth of knowledge. although he can be late for his apt's, he is always very thorough and personable. He's not like so many of the other offices where the doctors dont even remember your family or your name. I've been going to him since i was born and now take my family (husband and two children) to him. and i've got no complaints!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr. Royston is truly wonderful. He's taken care of our family for years. His insight, common sense and extensive knowlegde make him one of the best doctors I've seen. Having been tossed around many hospitals and institutions of late with my parents and their health issues, I've been intimately introduced to all the good and bad of the health care system, so I speak with from experience. I'm not sure why the other reviewers didn't give him higher marks, but I can say that we have been impressed over and over, when he has followed up with other doctors, resolved some complex issues and most importantly has always listened carefully. I can't stress this enough, because that is the biggest problem in the health care industry, Drs. who don't listen cause more pain and medical problems than any other single source. Thank you Dr. Royston!!!!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2010

Complete lack of organization or structure within office staff. Appointment times are of not kept (30-60 minutes late typical). Dr. Royston talks incessantly and interrupts repeatedly. Impossible to have a two way conversation with Dr. Royston

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

No continuity of advice between visits and largely incompetent. Doesn’t have basic understanding of research (I have a research based PhD). He spuriously criticized a meta analysis linking Avandia to increased risk for heart attack & continued to prescribe it despite my complaints of chest pain & the availability of an alternative. When I refused to take Avandia & demanded the alternative, my chest pains went away. I was diagnosed with diabetes 5 yrs ago by a diff dr. Royston neglected to check my kidneys for almost 2 yrs; when he finally checked they were damaged (he nervously claimed he liked to wait 6 mnths before checking kidneys - I was diabetic for 5 yr). We couldn’t get BP under control (which contributes to kidney damage); he referred me to a specialist after discovering my kidney damage & the specialist simply raised a med originally prescribed by Royston to max dose and BP dropped to normal level. - was once 30 minutes late for 7 a.m. apptmnt (his first of the day)

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

Dr. Norris A. Royston's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Marshall, VA