You may also like

Rate Dr. Johan Viljoen

Dr. Johan Viljoen's Ratings

I have had Dr Viljeon for both of my pregnancies, and a subsequent surgery and I was very pleased with the care I received from both he and his staff- so much so that now, more than 10 years later when my GP has suggested a gynochological consult, my only request was that It be to Dr. Viljeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2897358].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2015

Cancelled 4 times in a row. Receptionist is rude, arrogant and very difficult to deal with... Find a Dr interested in helping people or has staff that aren't better than thou.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2885279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

Well I have to get this off my chest its been there for a very long time...I had this so called doctor over 20 years ago my son will be 21 in the fall...he is the worse person I have ever met. I only wish I would of had a computer and could of read reviews back then but didn't have a computer back then. The first visit wasn't to bad with him,,then he just worse and worse,, not only rude but was very rough examing me just ram his hand up you,, then when I was getting close to having my baby I got lobour pains went to the hospital he said I didn't have anything that I was just trying to have this baby quicker..it showed on the machine I was having contractions he sent me home and was rude about it. Then when I did know it was my actual time I was afraid to go because of him....he delivered my baby was rude while doing it very rude to my husband and the nurses,, stitched me up very rough and mean.After I went home I told my family doctor I wanted to come to him for my 6 week check up, which I did. I will never never go to this doctor ever again. I am passed having babies now,,but if other problems ever occur I will die before I get sent to this doctor. WARNING Ladies we as woman don't have to be treated this way we deserve better this doctor destroyed my pregnacy experiance of enjoying the pleasures we should enjoy . If he can't handle the presure get out of the business then ,this is no way to treat people. The doctor I had for my first baby forgot more than this so called doctor would ever know... in class and how to treat woman and there families he was so nice and kind had so much class and knowledge but sadly by the time my second pregancy came along which was 8 years later he had passed away. Too bad. Find somebody else ladies you don't have to take this kind of treatment. And for those who are going to him and think he's ok.....Please BEWARE!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873593].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

He was rude and in a hurry....my daughter in law left in tears. She is NOT going back. She will be seeing a physician who is NOT working at the NHS tomorrow

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2858532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

This dr is very rude and clearly doesn't enjoy his job. Thank goodness I switched OB's. His nurse isjust as useless as he is. She "took" my blood pressure with the cuff open. I just laughed when she said my BP was fine. As a nurse myself I know her skills aren't up to par . I would not recommend this dr to my worse enemy. Beware!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2846479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Viljoen is friendly, and welcoming. I saw him three times for gynecological issues and he was very kind and answered all my questions. I wish I could have had him for my pregnancy but his practice was full when my GP sent in the referral. Too bad.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2821991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

this dr sucks .. His staff is rude and careless He has obviously been doing this job too long .. He makes it quite obvious that he would rather be somewhere else !! He has zero follow through his asst Chris is a liar and uneducated i think they ought to run a hotdog stand instead .. Dont go there they dont care about you or your babies or you body !! Warning warning warning

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2821779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Always on time and extremely knowledgeable! Over 10 years!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2789909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Viljoen is an excellent doctor. I have been going to him for a few years for gynecological issues and have had surgery. I found him to be very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. My surgery and recovery couldn't have gone any better. I was amazed at how well it went. I would highly recommend him as an ob/gyn. Heidi, his receptionist, has always been friendly and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2761938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I'm on my 5th child so I know the ropes and I'm also very easy going, with little expectations. He is definitely a Jekyll and Hyde type of person. Almost my entire 1st pregnancy with him he was awesome, and I'd leave feeling wonderful. There were other times that I could tell as soon as he came in that he didn't want to be there and was in a bad mood. It definitely made me wonder if he was mad at me for something, but I knew it couldnt be bcuz I never questioned him and always did everything he said. Our appointments were very short and to the point, so I couldn't have. I like that he's very blunt, but I can see people saying he takes it too far, bcuz you can tell that he does not respect a woman's wishes on things that she has a right to choose about, he'll instead TELL YOU what you should do and basically says you'd be foolish to decide anything besides HIS opinion. He thinks he knows your body better than you do, and that he's God's gift to medicine. He is on some board of Dr.'s who MAKE the rules for all Ontario Dr.'s, which has really gone to his head. The last few appointments I had with him, I felt like his student was actually my OB cuz he did everything and Viljoen wasn't even in the room most of the time. One secretary is always nice, and one never is. Waiting times are not that bad compared to other OBs. Basically, it all depends on the day you go to him, whether he's wonderful, or whether he's moody. I have a feeling that he just stops "trying" after you've seen him for awhile, so his true colours end up showing eventually. But who knows, maybe he is just over worked and has lots of moody days. It really just depends on the day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2761226].votes_count ]]