Ratings for Dr. Stewart Wakeman

Jerk is a waste of time. Was irritated that I requested his help. At the referrals of some of his past patients I attempted to become one of his patients.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Fabulous doctor. Listens well. Helped me to think for myself instead of giving me text book answers. He really cares. Can never thank him enough!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. Wakeman is a phenomenal Psychiatrist and yes, he can be also be perceived as a spiritual healer of mind and soul. One thing I will mention is that he can sometimes come off as though he doesn't really remember you or your previous interactions with him and has an almost chameleonic vibe within his initial few minutes with you, but entirely genuine.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Wakeman is remarkable. He has literally saved my life. He is so easy to talk to and very compassionate. I love the spiritual side of him. He always has a way to bring back to reality when go in all over the map. He is very soft spoken and reassuring. He is the best!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I just wanted to thank Dr Wakeman for clearing my mind on people who were trustworthy in our society, after a very abusive relationship he helped me to recall the awesome people I knew in Winnipeg, it was hard at first to realize my mind had been played, but knowing that the truth was I knew tons of great trustworthy people helped me to not lose sight of happiness, there is definitely something about his speach that cleared my mind.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I trust dr wakeman at times more than my own doctor. he ask questions like ' what prompted you to do that?' with no judgment -I had questions re herbal treatments- very open and knowledgeable ... only after FULLY addressing those and which were safest (and giving me name of website he uses to evaluate drug interactions and herbs) did he say there was another option as well- increasing mood stabilizer- but it wasn't a writeoff of the herbs it simply was another option- very wholistic and approachable

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

Dr. Wakeman is gifted as a Christian Psychiatrist with intuition and understanding. He has enough experience that he knows when things are in a dire straight and when to be cautious. He has keys in the Spirit to unlock doors of bondage.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr. Wakeman saw my ex common-law spouse and I. He was regularly assaulting me sexually and psychologically, and after we broke up I learned that he had raped other women while we were together, and seeing Dr. Wakeman. Wakeman failed to pick up on anything, and diagnosed ME with borderline personality disorder (common among ABUSED WOMEN) and sent me to another doc who put me on horrible pills (many different ones at once) that I to this day (nearly 10 years has passed) am struggling to get off of - I am finally off Effexor (antidepressant) as of 2 months ago, and I am still on Seroquel (antipsychotic marketed as antidepressant "add-on"). These are mind-numbing drugs and when I look back, I see how they numbed me to the point of accepting horrible treatment from my ex, as well as other men. Dr. Wakeman had quite the impact on my life. I recommend him if you're an abusive man that would like an excuse for his bad behaviour - chances are he'll say it's your family.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

I only saw Dr. Wakeman once, so my review is limited to a very brief encounter. His bedside manner was warm. He briefly talked about himself and his own life struggles in our first encounter. I'm not quite sure whether it was an attempt to get me to open up or just to feel more normal. In any case, I appreciate that he wasn't reserved and aloof, but showed his humanity and tried to connect on some level in our brief meeting together. His job cannot be easy. He wasn't rude or arrogant or mean. He seemed to be very confident about his job.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011