Ratings for Dr. Barend Zack

This is not a direct rating for Dr Zack. I don't even know if I have seen her/him yet. This was mom's second visit for tests. I have been to a couple of eye specialists but the experience I had with my mom at this office was appalling. Rude technicians and no patient care at all. I wish I never put my mom through such rudeness.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Zack for some time now and find him very knowledgeable and professional. He has done cataract surgery and laser treatments on both of my eyes with excellent results. You often end up waiting to see him ,but this can be due to someone coming in with a more complex condition or because you need to have drops etc. The office does tell you up front that your visit will be long so it doesn't come as a surprise. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Do not go to this man, he is very rude, condescending, rough, no compassion, makes his patients wait for hours with no explanation. Horrible man Run from him, request another doctor there are many who do care.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

My grandmother has been seeing him for the past couple years. He is a great doc very knowledgable and she's very happy she can see again thank too Dr Zac

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

This guy is a real piece of work. No patient empathy, bedside manners and doesn't have time for anything. As mentioned in another post, a simple procedure for my mother turned into a mess with follow up after follow up and no progress at all. He ruined her eye! We should have gone to Mississauga and not given him the chance. After returning to see another doctor we've had nothing but success.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I have been going to Barend for 4 years in which I have seen HIM once. The other 3 times they have cancelled and never bothered to reschedule. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Dr. Zack is still around? I've been waiting since May 2016, in the queue I was told, to get my apt re-done because he cancelled me for a meeting. Office secretary was quite abrupt when I phoned in June asking when I'd get my apt rescheduled. It's now April 2017, I guess I'm not going back or I'm just stuck in a very long wait list? He did the surgery (2015) on my eyes, iridotomy, which seems to be fine.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Dr Zack did a routine surgery to put a stent in my mothers glaucoma eye to relieve the pressure. Her eye was fragile. Something went wrong in the surgery and she is now legally blind. The surgery became very painful and there was no back up pain killer. She went through months of pain and needed further surgeries. Her life is now very limited because of her lack of vision.. Dr Zack seemed out of his depth and lacking in genuine empathy. Fortunately we met a few very caring and skillful surgeons further along the journey.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Very busy office but the medical care and eye surgery were both excellent

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

First of all, they made me to come twice. First visit was just to put the drops which was done in only one visit. It took three hours before I saw doctor Zack. Please be prepared to see Dr Zack and his family pictures while waiting in a room on a computer screen. I complaintd twice to the secretary for the wait but they didn't care. Finally when Dr Zack tested my eyes, he sounded very inexperienced, immature and a kind of HE DOESN'T CARE. I will never ever suggest him, because there is not a single positive thing to say about him and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017