Ratings for Dr. Barend Zack

Dr. Zack is still around? I've been waiting since May 2016, in the queue I was told, to get my apt re-done because he cancelled me for a meeting. Office secretary was quite abrupt when I phoned in June asking when I'd get my apt rescheduled. It's now April 2017, I guess I'm not going back or I'm just stuck in a very long wait list? He did the surgery (2015) on my eyes, iridotomy, which seems to be fine.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Dr Zack did a routine surgery to put a stent in my mothers glaucoma eye to relieve the pressure. Her eye was fragile. Something went wrong in the surgery and she is now legally blind. The surgery became very painful and there was no back up pain killer. She went through months of pain and needed further surgeries. Her life is now very limited because of her lack of vision.. Dr Zack seemed out of his depth and lacking in genuine empathy. Fortunately we met a few very caring and skillful surgeons further along the journey.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Very busy office but the medical care and eye surgery were both excellent

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

First of all, they made me to come twice. First visit was just to put the drops which was done in only one visit. It took three hours before I saw doctor Zack. Please be prepared to see Dr Zack and his family pictures while waiting in a room on a computer screen. I complaintd twice to the secretary for the wait but they didn't care. Finally when Dr Zack tested my eyes, he sounded very inexperienced, immature and a kind of HE DOESN'T CARE. I will never ever suggest him, because there is not a single positive thing to say about him and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Don't believe everything you read. Based on my experience at Dr. Zack's office this morning, I have to wonder if the negative remarks on this site have more to do with the critics than the criticized. My experience with all the staff and especially Dr. Zack was nothing less than stellar. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left, everyone was friendly, cooperative, and professional. I have nothing but the highest regard for all involved with my visit.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr Zack did both my eyes and he did a wonderful job. I could not be more pleased. From the moment I met with him he put me at ease. That is a rare ability and I am so glad I had my eyes done by him. Thank you so much. I would recommend him to any person who asked me. Thank you. Joanne H.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Unprofessional and rude. Would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Dr. Zack's behaviour and attitude is rude, condescending and insulting. He diagnosed my father with glaucoma. We got a referral for another doctor in another practice and my father does not have glaucoma. He needs cataract surgery.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Had cataracts in both eyes removed and lens implants done. He did a very good job and I am thankful

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

A barrage of floaters in my left eye instigated an urgent visit to the on call ophthalmologist at the Surrey Eye Centre and Dr Zack was the on call doctor. Dr Zack and his technicians kindly worked late to test and diagnose my condition. Dr Zack thoroughly and in a caring manner, described that I may have a tear in my retina and needed to have laser surgery immediately to correct it and prevent any further tearing and loss of eyesight. Dr Zack then expedited my case further by calling the retinal surgeon at home eating dinner as it turned out, to book me in for first thing the next morning! I was amazed that he did that but was so grateful! I had arrived feeling anxious and uneasy and Dr Zack, with his kindness and professional effectiveness, was able to abate my fears and concerns. Due to Dr Zack's immediate, proactive response and the retinal surgeons quick skillful actions, my eye health has been restored and I am forever grateful. With best regards Ivana M.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016