Ratings for Dr. Barend Zack

A barrage of floaters in my left eye instigated an urgent visit to the on call ophthalmologist at the Surrey Eye Centre and Dr Zack was the on call doctor. Dr Zack and his technicians kindly worked late to test and diagnose my condition. Dr Zack thoroughly and in a caring manner, described that I may have a tear in my retina and needed to have laser surgery immediately to correct it and prevent any further tearing and loss of eyesight. Dr Zack then expedited my case further by calling the retinal surgeon at home eating dinner as it turned out, to book me in for first thing the next morning! I was amazed that he did that but was so grateful! I had arrived feeling anxious and uneasy and Dr Zack, with his kindness and professional effectiveness, was able to abate my fears and concerns. Due to Dr Zack's immediate, proactive response and the retinal surgeons quick skillful actions, my eye health has been restored and I am forever grateful. With best regards Ivana M.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Zack is an amazing cataract surgeon.he is polite and caring.I strongly appreciate his care for my dad.He deserve ten out of ten.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Zack performed cataract surgery on both my eyes several years ago. The surgery went very well, and my eyesight has been restored to exactly how it was before. This doctor is an amazing, very talented surgeon, a true professional and a very kind person. I thank him every single day for giving my vision back .

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

The medical profession, should take a close look at this individual Doctor. There are no words to describe the unprofessional conduct of this so called Ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Dr Zack I have been reading about you . Dealing with people is very tough and even so the knowledge that you have to do what you do with peoples state of mind, As they depend on you to get them well must also make it harder ,which most cannot understand .I guess they are like myself ,we put ourselves in your hands the pressure for you must be hard ,but people cannot see that.We want to get well,and see again.I want to say that you are the best in my books.Your kindness and your staff ,you have every one doing a job , the staff is nice and every body knows what they need to-do. Thank you for every thing Gabriella Brown.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

i disagree with the negative comments posted - dr and staff busy but care i got was top notch really. had laser procedure for glaucoma and my pressures are now much lower than before. lucky to have this doctor caring for me.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Staff could not have been more helpful and courteous. Dr was very knowledgable and took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions. Did not feel rushed. I would rate him #1 ad would definitely refer my friends

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I read comment before I go to the Dr. Zack office. It was not that good. I hagitated to go there. But It was only worry. The Staffs was good. Not rude( never) - not super friendly though, just regular doctor's office receptionist Doctor was young (around early 40), energetic, have good knowledge, friendly - way better than regular GP in this aspect. Appointment will take approximately 1-2 hours (looks longer than regular Dr. but you will know the reason soon. Appointment includes lot of test . Worth to wait definitely. He was super kind to me

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Very Rude and unprofessional Dr. He has no manners and is very arrogant. Avoid going to him if you can, not really sure why anyone would recommend him.

Submitted April 15, 2016

My grandmother had surgery with Dr Zack last month and did very well. The office staff were great and the process simple. She also has long term glaucoma that she sees Dr Zack for twice per year. Thanks Dr Zack.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016