You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Barend Zack

Dr. Zack performed cataract surgery on both my eyes several years ago. The surgery went very well, and my eyesight has been restored to exactly how it was before. This doctor is an amazing, very talented surgeon, a true professional and a very kind person. I thank him every single day for giving my vision back .

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

The medical profession, should take a close look at this individual Doctor. There are no words to describe the unprofessional conduct of this so called Ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Dr Zack I have been reading about you . Dealing with people is very tough and even so the knowledge that you have to do what you do with peoples state of mind, As they depend on you to get them well must also make it harder ,which most cannot understand .I guess they are like myself ,we put ourselves in your hands the pressure for you must be hard ,but people cannot see that.We want to get well,and see again.I want to say that you are the best in my books.Your kindness and your staff ,you have every one doing a job , the staff is nice and every body knows what they need to-do. Thank you for every thing Gabriella Brown.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

i disagree with the negative comments posted - dr and staff busy but care i got was top notch really. had laser procedure for glaucoma and my pressures are now much lower than before. lucky to have this doctor caring for me.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Staff could not have been more helpful and courteous. Dr was very knowledgable and took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions. Did not feel rushed. I would rate him #1 ad would definitely refer my friends

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I read comment before I go to the Dr. Zack office. It was not that good. I hagitated to go there. But It was only worry. The Staffs was good. Not rude( never) - not super friendly though, just regular doctor's office receptionist Doctor was young (around early 40), energetic, have good knowledge, friendly - way better than regular GP in this aspect. Appointment will take approximately 1-2 hours (looks longer than regular Dr. but you will know the reason soon. Appointment includes lot of test . Worth to wait definitely. He was super kind to me

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Submitted April 15, 2016

My grandmother had surgery with Dr Zack last month and did very well. The office staff were great and the process simple. She also has long term glaucoma that she sees Dr Zack for twice per year. Thanks Dr Zack.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

I had cataract implant done in both eyes, one last year and the other this year. My distance sight has returned. My eyes feel young again. I thank Dr. Zack, and his staff in office and hospital, for taking such very good care of my eyes. I found Dr. Zack to be an incredible surgeon and a wonderful person. If I, or husband, require any more eye surgery Dr. Z is the one we go to. A great experience. Follow all the drop, shielding and nutritional rules and your eyes will be almost perfect again as well. Dr Z can only do so much - the rest is up to the client. I am so pleased. 😊

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Zack is most caring doctor I've ever met. He helps my grandmothers glaucoma. She was really scared when first met Dr. Zack and he was always nice and spend time explaining everything and answer all the questions. For half hour on one time. Best doctor.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr. Barend Zack's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zack performed cataract surgery on both my eyes several years ago. The surgery went very well, and my eyesight has been restored to exactly how it was befor..."

May 24, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The medical profession, should take a close look at this individual Doctor. There are no words to describe the unprofessional conduct of this so called Ophthal..."

May 23, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Zack I have been reading about you . Dealing with people is very tough and even so the knowledge that you have to do what you do with peoples state of min..."

May 4, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "i disagree with the negative comments posted - dr and staff busy but care i got was top notch really. had laser procedure for glaucoma and my pressures are now ..."

April 30, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Staff could not have been more helpful and courteous. Dr was very knowledgable and took as much time as we needed to answer all our questions. Did not feel rush..."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I read comment before I go to the Dr. Zack office. It was not that good. I hagitated to go there. But It was only worry. The Staffs was good. Not rude( neve..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very Rude and unprofessional Dr. He has no manners and is very arrogant. Avoid going to him if you can, not really sure why anyone would recommend him. "

April 15, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My grandmother had surgery with Dr Zack last month and did very well. The office staff were great and the process simple. She also has long term glaucoma that..."

April 8, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I had cataract implant done in both eyes, one last year and the other this year. My distance sight has returned. My eyes feel young again. I thank Dr. Zack, and..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zack is most caring doctor I've ever met. He helps my grandmothers glaucoma. She was really scared when first met Dr. Zack and he was always nice and spend ..."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Cold, snooty, unfriendly staff. I went there twice and was not happy with the way his staff behaved. He himself appeared friendly but I am not sure. I did not f..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I will not be going back to him, ever. With his attitude I wouldn't trust him with my eyes. All the other points I would have made have already been listed belo..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Zack is very very rude. my grandmother had a small surgery for her eye and he dealt with her very rudely and he strapped her head unit thing very tightly and..."

November 28, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "once I asked him a question and he said just listen and don't talk and he was pushing for a cataract surgery when clearly it wasn't needed"

September 22, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "he's knowledgable but his bed sign manner is poor ... if you want to feel stupid and treated like an inconvenience ... he's your doctor but you have to endure t..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very rude. When I was there a couple years ago he reduced one of his staff members to tears in front of me! I Felt very uncomfortable. I will not be returning t..."

August 10, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Wow Dr. Zack is Rude. You may say you are the best in your field, but in no way does this give you the right to talk to people in a manner that is rude and dem..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Had cataract removed in keft eye in a Friday. Saturday my vision was 20/20. No problems. He was marvellous in operation. Far too long waiting periods but excell..."

July 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had cataracts in both eyes removed and lens implants done. Awesome!"

June 25, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V3R0" to "V3T 1V8". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 13490 104 Ave". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16045856414".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zack and his office staff were so rude and unfriendly. I waited for this appointment for seven months; and after sitting in his office for three hours, and..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "My mother has been a patient of Dr. Zack for over 5 years. I have yet to take her to an original scheduled appointment. Staff are constantly calling and changin..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Very rude! I asked one question and was told not to interrupt him, not friendly. I was actually taken aback by the rudeness. Waited 3 hours to see him everyo..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "VERY RUDE AND NARCISTIC. HE WAS IMITATING MY MOM'S POLISH ACCENT IN THE BACK WITH THE STAFF AND I OVERHEARD HIM. I FELT LIKE SMACKING HIM AND SHOVING HIS DEGRE..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zack patiently answered all of my questions regarding my options for glaucoma treatment. While this is not an easy condition to treat, I felt fully supporte..."

March 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Read comments here but my experience today finds many of the comments incorrect as he and his staff were excellent. Blame any crowding,waits,etc on our medical ..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "There is absolutely no reason for an office to be this unhealthly unless it comes from the top. And, after meeting Dr. Zack I fully understand. The man seems ..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "2 hours wait in a over crowded room, sitting in plastic chair. You would think he can afford better chairs. Still waiting to have my right eye done....it's be..."

October 18, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The comments regarding rudeness etc with assistant, technicians and office staff are correct. I have yet to have an appointment with Dr. Zack and can only hope..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zack and his scribe/assistant are rude and condescending. Dr. Zack also gave the incorrect diagnosis. While waiting for my father's appointment, we felt li..."

September 8, 2014