Ratings for Dr. Barend Zack

Do not go to this man, he is very rude, condescending, rough, no compassion, makes his patients wait for hours with no explanation. Horrible man Run from him, request another doctor there are many who do care.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

My grandmother has been seeing him for the past couple years. He is a great doc very knowledgable and she's very happy she can see again thank too Dr Zac

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

This guy is a real piece of work. No patient empathy, bedside manners and doesn't have time for anything. As mentioned in another post, a simple procedure for my mother turned into a mess with follow up after follow up and no progress at all. He ruined her eye! We should have gone to Mississauga and not given him the chance. After returning to see another doctor we've had nothing but success.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I have been going to Barend for 4 years in which I have seen HIM once. The other 3 times they have cancelled and never bothered to reschedule. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Dr. Zack is still around? I've been waiting since May 2016, in the queue I was told, to get my apt re-done because he cancelled me for a meeting. Office secretary was quite abrupt when I phoned in June asking when I'd get my apt rescheduled. It's now April 2017, I guess I'm not going back or I'm just stuck in a very long wait list? He did the surgery (2015) on my eyes, iridotomy, which seems to be fine.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

Dr Zack did a routine surgery to put a stent in my mothers glaucoma eye to relieve the pressure. Her eye was fragile. Something went wrong in the surgery and she is now legally blind. The surgery became very painful and there was no back up pain killer. She went through months of pain and needed further surgeries. Her life is now very limited because of her lack of vision.. Dr Zack seemed out of his depth and lacking in genuine empathy. Fortunately we met a few very caring and skillful surgeons further along the journey.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Very busy office but the medical care and eye surgery were both excellent

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

First of all, they made me to come twice. First visit was just to put the drops which was done in only one visit. It took three hours before I saw doctor Zack. Please be prepared to see Dr Zack and his family pictures while waiting in a room on a computer screen. I complaintd twice to the secretary for the wait but they didn't care. Finally when Dr Zack tested my eyes, he sounded very inexperienced, immature and a kind of HE DOESN'T CARE. I will never ever suggest him, because there is not a single positive thing to say about him and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Don't believe everything you read. Based on my experience at Dr. Zack's office this morning, I have to wonder if the negative remarks on this site have more to do with the critics than the criticized. My experience with all the staff and especially Dr. Zack was nothing less than stellar. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left, everyone was friendly, cooperative, and professional. I have nothing but the highest regard for all involved with my visit.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr Zack did both my eyes and he did a wonderful job. I could not be more pleased. From the moment I met with him he put me at ease. That is a rare ability and I am so glad I had my eyes done by him. Thank you so much. I would recommend him to any person who asked me. Thank you. Joanne H.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016