Ratings for Dr. Mary Thomas

As a doctor, Mary Thomas is thorough beyond expectations. Our family has multiple, serious medical issues, for which we receive phenomenal care. Dr. Thomas and her staff have had to juggle reports and diagnoses with my specialists, arrange emergency care for me and my children, complete dozens of forms, etc. I do not expect to be coddled by Dr Thomas, but I have learned to expect that she will thoroughly investigate and study any new condition, or treatment with which she is unfamiliar. Unlike many other doctors I hear about she will also make referrals without complaint. One last thing: she saved my now 25 year old daughter's life when she was 2 years old. Her intuition lead her to request a CAT scan of my child's head - which a pediatrician at the hospital thought was a waste of time - only to find she had a large tumor. Her care then, as it is now, was exemplary. If there is one word I would use to describe Dr. Thomas and how her office operates it is this: Professional.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

She is the worst doctor ever. Very cold and mean. Won't listen to all the problems. It's her way or the highway. Any other doctor would be a lot better than her.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Mary is often condescending. One must be humble and submissive wirh her. If you have researched your illness it is best not to let her know. She is easily insulted. It is best to play dumb and ask her Questions. It appears as though she has a superiority complex and does not like to be wrong.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. Thomas has been our family doctor (family of five) since we moved to the region and I had my first child, 24 years ago. Always kind and caring to us.. We had a bad medical scare with my daughter last year and Dr. Thomas was right on it and showed more caring that the specialists at the hospital. She made calls to my home. She saw my daughter every few days between specialists appts. She made referral to a top notch specialty clinic out of town.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Have been seeing Dr. Thomas for 10+ yrs since I was a kid. Has always been great with me and my family, and trust me, I am not an ideal patient. Had some problems with severe OCD when I was in high school and she was completely understanding and non judgemental, and gave me a referral straight away. Also is really good about refilling meds quickly if I need to, or giving last minute referrals. Generally is always late, but staff is nice. Visits tend to be short but efficient.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I am a divorced father of two. Dr. Thomas ignored the court order I had for access to my two children's records, even though I had the court order in my hands. She made me wait for a long time before she would even speak to me. She was extremely rude and short with me as she was talking orders from my bipolar ex-wife. She was very unprofessional and I would not recommend her for any parent going through a divorce. She was just horrible. As soon as I can I will be pulling my children out from her practice.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

If I am correct in that this is the Australian Dr.Thomas who works at Toronto East General Hospital (did she move since I last visited?). She is great. She has been my GP for at least 15 years now, and has never made me feel uncomfortable or unimportant to her. She is personable and easy to talk to. Professional too... she gets me in and out in reasonable time. I've always really liked her.

Submitted December 8, 2012

she is very warm and understanding and has taken time to know me as her patient/client.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

This woman may have the snobbish attitude, but it's not supported by any obvious intellect on her part. She refused anti-depressants for a relative of mine who had tried to commit suicide. She's got attitude in spades; too bad about the lack of brains and compassion.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2012

I had Dr. Thomas as my family doctor for almost 20 years and put up with her icy stares, cold shoulder, condescending attitude and her "Holier than thou" approach to her patients. She seems to get along well with the elderly though so maybe geriatrics is something she might consider going into. After much research, I thought that I had figured out what was wrong with me, but she didn't agree and instead tried to talk me out of the minor procedure that would either prove or disprove my ailment. Well, after seeing a specialist and having the procedure, the diagnosis was confirmed and I decided right then that it was time to find a new family doctor!! Even after the test results, she refused to do anything to help my situation. (and no, I don't mean that I was looking for any kind of narcotics, that wouldn't help my health at all anyway!). She just didn't seem to be interested in learning anything about my health issue or helping me out in any way!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011