Ratings for Dr. Barry Geates

Dr. Geates helped me when no one else would. You knew he understood you by his response to you. My children were well taken care of. He stood up beyond the call of duty and is so very special! There is no thank you that is enough.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. Geates has always been very helpful and understanding in the cases that I have seen him. In the case of a friend of mine he saved his life when a specialist wrote off his headache as him "studying too hard in school. Dr. Geates sent him to a neurosurgeon where it was found on scans he had a brain tumor and surgery was done the next day. People may not like Dr. Geates dry sense of humor but he is a good doctor who doesn't hand out medications unless you need them.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

I have seen this doc on many occations and have NEVER have I been so impressed with a doctor he is always very concerned and is constantly trying to get to the root of the problem! How anyone can say he is not professional is rediculous!! But then again everyone is entitled to their own opinion! Thank You Doc as always!!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

I saw him in emergency for a cold that had developed into more and I found he was polite, funny, and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

This Dr treated my grandson and daughter with utter disrespect and made disparaging comments about them while they were within hearing distance. He also was extremely rough in his treatment of my grandson. Lacombe hospital should be embarrassed to have Doctors like him on staff. His "joke" about just sending him to the funeral home instead of treating him if he came in again and calling him a big baby was overheard by a 10 yr old. Professionalism? I think not.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2010

Arrogant, one track mind, sarcastic and does not listen. Visited at emergency and he had the idea I wanted a narcotic. Put me through the third degree. Was 6 hours in Emergency, no help at all.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

He's been my doctor for 17yrs i would never change....Plus he is a good guy.He always makes time to see you.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

As our Family doctor for the past 20 years, Dr. Geatz has been knowledgeable and helpful. He is friendly and professional. He remembers each memeber of our family and always asks about them.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

Our experience with Mr. Geates was terrible. He was patronizing and arrogant. I didn't realize how bad it was until we recieved treatment elsewhere and it was clear that we made the right decision to seek treatment with another Dr.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007