Ratings for Dr. Dave J. Ores

This man is amazing. Columbia graduate but a peoples doctor.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

I have been in Dr Dave's care for over a year and can enthusiastically recommend him. He is a brilliant diagnostician and has changed my life by putting me on sleeping pills. At 72 something's always going amiss with me. He has always had the answer. Often this was a specialist and his referrals have been outstanding. Dr Dave is an idealist. I had a board certified internist tell me that I needed high high blood pressure medicine. If he had taken the time to take a complete history he would have learned that I had a recent history of stomach problems. The next time I saw him I was in the hospital for seven days with diverticulitis, the undiagnosed cause of my high blood pressure. Dr Dave will take all day if he has to. I know he would have diagnosed my condition.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

Dr. David Ores is a very special doctor as he is quite knowledgeable and affordable. Getting in and out of his office without needless waiting and having very direct and focused time with the doctor has given me the confidence to have him as my caregiver for more than 10 years. I am quite lucky to have him in my life and have referred him numerous times.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr. Dave is a kind, compassionate, wonderful doctor. He saved my friend's life. Very very clever man, always involved in altruistic projects such as free tattoo removal for ex-cons, healthcare for restaurant employees without insurance, and pay-what-you-can pricing for individuals who have fallen on hard times. He's an enormous asset to his community and a true New York original.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr Dave is the best doctor I have ever been to. His fair billing grants access to healthcare to everyone, not just everyone with money.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

I found Dr. Ores to be an amazing diagnostician. I live in Los Angeles and needed to see an M.D. during a recent trip to N.Y. I went to another clinic first and the advice and medication I received didn't help at all. I was feeling horrible, could barely walk. He took one look at me (and in retrospect I can't believe the other doctor didn't have a clue even) and told me exactly what was wrong and how to fix it immediately without drugs. My friends couldn't believe he wasn't psychic. I recommended him to people I know in NY and I'm a hero for having told them that he exists. I don't usually write ratings, but his treatment was so excellent that I wanted to let others know about Dr. Ores.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

I was told by someone to find him, that he could help me. I located him and told him briefly on the phone what I needed. He had me come in, asked me pertinent questions, and agreed to take me on as a patient. Just those few visits meant the world to me and I needed his care. I was able to move on. I wasn't from NYC and made it a point in my travels to see him as often as I could till it was time to go back home. Just having someone who believes in you and treats you like a human being, made me stronger and in the end, I did bounce back. I can only say one thing about him, he is a very smart and compassionate individual.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

He's always there with a come right in attitude -- and didn't even charge me for my flu shot. Great doc who I'm honored to also call a friend

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Dr Ores is my personal doctor. He has treated me for various conditions over 25 years. He is quite simply the best physician I have ever met. He is extremely experienced, knowledgeable about many different fields of medicine, very kind and caring. I recommend him highly to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

Doesn't listen to your symptoms. Told him what medicine worked for me in the past and he told me it was poison and refused to prescribe it. Really arrogant. But he will see you last minute and charges $60/visit (2 visit minimum, makes you pay $120 up front).

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Dr. Dave J. Ores's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1985)