Ratings for Dr. Oleh Waler

Dr.Waler is caring and precise. I know that the appointment time will not be met, but I also know that it is because Dr. Waler talks to his patients , is very thorough, and also listens. I see elderly women go in and I smile because I know Dr.Waler wil take his time and actually have a conversation. Some people need to talk and be heard and Dr.Waler is so compassionate that they feel they can do so. In a world where everybody is in a hurry and Doctors really do not care , it is refreshing for me to have a doctor that is old fashioned, and to me everything back in the days including good old fashion care for your patients is a necessity and appreciated. It is nice these young doctors have a degree but if they lack compassion than I would rather sit and wait for a long time knowing that my doctor will not look over anything and have me leave his office unconcerned , only to find out my issue was terminal and not just a minor antibiotic solution. Whenever Doctor Waler retires I will be sad.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Well worth the wait, he is taking the time to help people. He doesn’t just look at you as a source of income and will take the time to diagnose what is wrong and will refer you to a specialist or tests with no hesitation. Just plan on the wait, relax and read a book

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Dr Waler is an excellent diagnostician with incredible bedside manner. Have been seeing him for years and while, like others, I do not like the wait time traditionally associated with him (upwards of 2 hrs+ AFTER your apmnt time) it is well worth the wait. His staff is also incredible. Judy is a friendly, kind and very hard working face behind the counter and always ready to help you when needed. In a time when finding a family doctor is incredibly difficult, Waler is 150% worth the wait time. Grab a book or a game and time flies.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

The wait time is REDICULOUS! The hospital is much quicker than sitting and waiting 2-3 hours after your appointment time!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Have seen Dr Waler since 1990 with my family. Nice doctor but so slow to see you. Be prepared to wait 2 hours in office average for your appointment.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I saw three other doctors before finally finding Dr Waler. He was the only one willing to help me after I had been told what I had was viral. His bedside manner was awesome and I felt like he took the time to actually listen and was willing to help me. Great doctor. No complaints. We need more of him!!!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr. Waler has been my family doctor since I was born. He knows his stuff and is always willing to give people the time they need. He is often later for his appointments, but people forget the he starts his day of by going to the hospital. If you hate waiting to see him, go somewhere else. Im glad he's not a doctor that just jumps on the first thought and pushes you out the door. Iv waited hours to see him and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Waler for over four years. He is one of best family doctors in Ontario. He listens and provide excellent diagnostics. He is patient and caring. I am in my fifties and I hope he is around in my seventies. St. Catharines needs more Dr. Waler's around. He is one of the best kept secrets in Niagara.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Love Dr Waler complained to Him about wait time recently and his answer was that He gives each patient the time they need which is true He never rushes me so will keep in mind next time I'm waiting . Especially nowadays when Drs are only taking one concern each visit. Works hard and very caring

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014