Ratings for Dr. Rosemary A. Bates

I don't know what doctor all of these negative, demanding morons are talking about, but it definitely isn't the Dr. Rosemary Bates that I have been a patient of for 16 years. My Dr. Bates is extremely knowledgeable, thorough in her examinations, prompt to share blood test results, quick to send me to a specialist if there are any readings that aren't normal, and is the best doctor with the best staff that I have ever been involved with. Maybe her staff treats me with respect and is friendly because that is the way that I treat them. I assume the negative comments are from rude, impatient, demanding citizens of Plano that are the same rude, inattentive drivers that I continually encounter on the streets of Plano. I've lived in Plano for 39 years and have seen a deterioration of the Texas way of life from residents that have moved here. You don't like anything here because it's not like "back home." I suspect that this lousy attitude carries over to how you expect a physician and her staff to receive you. We are all treated the same as we treat others here. I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you, but no, you aren't any better than anyone else her. If you don't like Dr. Bates and her staff, go see if you can find a rude, demanding doctor that has relocated here like you have. Y'all can then treat each other the same way and you won't have to write any more negative reviews. For the rest of you, in my opinion, you can't find a more qualified, professional, caring physician than Dr. Rosemary Bates. The staff that she has assembled is second to none! Trust me, you will love her! You will also love both of her PA's. They are on her staff because they know what they're doing, and they do it well!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

I'm sorry but, I can't but to give my experience and observation when sitting in the lobby and in walks a patient being as rude as can be demanding things. Treating the front staff and talking to them in a way that I would never think of speaking to another adult specially in a room full of other people that can clearly hear everything you're saying. Everyone always likes to talk and point fingers but, it's never their fault, they're never rude because you can't put blame on yourself. Doctors see a lot of patients and you're not the only patient they have so demanding that a doctor call you is very rare and unheard of in this time. She has always spent a lot of time with which now days you do not get, she has always explained in detail any of my issues and my calls always get returned, maybe not in the time you are demanding it but within that day or the next day depending the urgency of my problem. One thing I have to say at least I'm not just a number or get rushed in and out like cattle. They have been growing and getting new staff that have been very helpful and get back to me and my family in a timely matter. I think people in general need to not be so demanding and remember to treat everyone with respect and I bet you will get that in return. Everyone seems to be in a hurry and wanting things NOW!!! Relax you will get your turn. I'm very pleased with this Dr and recommend her to everyone. It's hard to find good doctors that are there for you so, don't be to fast to judge and before you do, look in the mirror first.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I had an appointment for six months for lab work and follow appointment with Dr. Bates. Upon arriving for scheduled appointment, I was told she does not accept Medicare. As of six months ago, she accepted for existing patients. No notice anywhere. How unprofessional and inconsiderate. I have been going to her for ten+years and have friends and family members who use her and are reconsidering.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Totally unsympathetic, unprofessional and lacks medical ethics..This applies to both Dr Bates and her staff. Arrogance and lack of service best describe this doctor and her staff. I made my appointment 2.5 weeks in advance and was in a lot of pain 2 days prior to the appointment..they called me the day of the appointment basically 30 minutes before I was supposed to see the PA (The doctor is too arrogant and above all her patients to meet with the patient) and as I was literally leaving for the appt to let me know that they cannot help me (this was my first visit) and I need to see another doctor..The GUTS and LACK of empathy that this office has are SIMPLY unheard off within the medical community.. RUN THE OTHER WAY..Lots of Great doctors in town...who are professional and HUMANS at the same time.. For goodness sake this is a medical office that involves people's health and well being!!!! this is not McDonalds nor Lowes!!!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Bates for over 15 years. In the beginning she was a good listener and attentive. But the past year my appt has been changed or cancelled on me. When we finally came 3 months after my original appt they pawned me off on the P.A. and said I had scheduled it with her. (No I didn't!) I only come twice a year for my annual exams-I don't want to see the P.A. When I called the office to speak to Dr. Bates, the office manager said she would give her the message. A few days passed and still I hadn't received a call back from Dr. Bates. I called again and they said they had even texted her my phone number to call me. 3 weeks went by and still never heard from her. I figured it was time to find a new doctor. It is hard to change after so many years, and so much history, but obviously Dr Bate's practice is so big now she doesn't mind losing old patients.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

The staff is very good; Dr Bates and her PA are both very knowlegable. My only issue is that Dr Bates is involved with selling diet/energy supplements that are expensive, but do not appear to have any peer-reviewed studies to indicate their effectiveness. I feel that she is using her professional position to push, at best, untested supplements, and at worst, snake oil.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

It has been one month since my visit to Dr. Rosemary A. Bates, MD and I am still waiting for some one to all me with the status of my results. By my second call I finally received a call back from the nurse advising me that my results will be posted on-line for my review once the Doctor has reviewed them. I asked for a follow up appointment but they refused and advised me to wait to see the results. She did mention I would also have the ability to read the comments left to me by the doctor. I noticed they were really prompt to submit the bill to my insurance company but less than helpful to follow up with me. I am very disappointed!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr Bate is amazing!!! Her PA is so qualified to handle things; if can't she can will let you know, good doctors are busy and hire competant staff. I have been going to her for a few year and trust her and the staff.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

I had to wait a month for a new patient appointment. When I got there, I was only allowed to see the PA. Even that took a month to schedule an appointment! Blood work was ordered. I asked the PA a few times if they are going to call me when the results come back because I need a refill on my meds. She was like yes we will call you. And she said for me to schedule another appointment in 2 months to come see the REAL doctor. After 2 weeks, I called and asked the nurse about the test. She was rude and said the doctor hasn't EVEN look at the results YET. I went to pick up the test result after talking to the rude nurse. They received the results back the day after it was submitted. The results had some abnormal values. You would think that they would be concern. I gave them another day to see if anyone would call to follow up. Nobody called so I called to cancel my appointment and told them what I thought of them and will never ever return. The receptionist was just as rude and uncaring.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr. Bates is likely a good doctor, but I was under the impression that I should take my business elsewhere. I was pushed to the PA often, and when Dr. Bates did see me, it was a bit uncomfortable. I've never seen a doctor hesitant to actually touch their patient (I was clean - I promise!). Usually discussion would end in a referral to a specialist. What's the purpose of a primary care physician who cannot provide you any service at all? Moved on to another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Dr. Rosemary A. Bates's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1996)

AARP