Ratings for Dr. Drake E. Bellanger

Excellent doctor! I had my VSG in May 2010, at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Gonzales, where I also had excellent medical care. (I don't understand the complaint about the doc and St. Elizabeth by another reviewer.) My only "complaint" is that one of the tests required pre-surgery, had to be delayed by 1 day, due to equipment malfunction. Anyone who is in reasonably good health, but has been overweight for many years, is middle aged, has diabetes, has deteriorating knee and hip joints needs to seriously consider weight loss surgery. Make your appointment with Dr. Bellanger and get your questions answered by a knowledgeable doctor and very caring professional staff.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Well, I thought he was going to help us get things done for my husband to have surgery but apparently he works at a hospital (St. Elizabeth) that is not equipped to handle bariatric patients. Think twice -- he is a great doctor but you may be in for a very big painful diasappointment! Dr. Bellanger is a great doctor the only problem is that he operates at St. Elizabeth Hospital.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2009

I loved Dr. Bellanger, he performed my vertical sleeve at Vista Surgery but then moved to St. Elizabath Hospital where my husband was scheduled to have the surgery, the evening before the surgery the anesthesia department cancelled the surgery -- Dr. Bellanger did not agree with them but anesthesia has the final say. We are torn, broken hearted and afraid. We want Dr. Bellanger to do the surgery but it was that damn anesthesiologist (Dr. Sheffield) that was terrible. Now we have to start the process all over again to find a new doctor and hospital. Dr. Bellanger needs to move his practice elsewhere if the anesthsia department can't operate on a 260 lb man! What else is bariatric surgery for? Skinny, healthy people?

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Doctor Bellanger helped give my life back to me by performing a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy on 11/30/06. He is very professional with a wonderful personality and has done hundreds of Bariatric Surgeries. He is great.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2006

Dr. Drake E. Bellanger's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Baton Rouge, LA