Ratings for Dr. Narayan Prasad

Dr. Prasad has helped me so much, he is an amazing doctor and he helped my mom and I understand so much on what I suffer from, the moment I was transported to London and saw him I knew he was going to be amazing, Dr. Prasad has taught me so much and has made me want to become a paediatric neurologist when I am older. I look forward to seeing him every time I go to London. Thank you so much for helping me through all of what I have been through and for teaching me lots.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

He was very professional and helped not only my son but helped me to better help my son. He goes beyond to help with my son's epilepsy.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

Amazing! Awesome! Saved my daughters life,stayed on to check on her and to explain to me what was wrong even though he was up all night performing emergency brain surgery! Subsequent visits he was always thorough,made sure she had appropriate tests done,answered questions and showed not only how much he wanted to help her but how much he genuinely loves and wants to help all his patients. This was in grade 1,with a 25 minute seizure,immediately followed by more she could gave died that day but thanks to him she got on the right needs and is now 20,!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

We met Dr. Prasad when our daughter was diagnosed with PVL at 9 weeks (high risk for Cerebral Palsy) At first I will be honest We did not care for him. He was quiet and remote and very matter of fact. However we have gotten to know Dr. Prasad for 2 years now he is very caring. He has seen us without even having an appointment. Saw us in the hallway from a pediatrician appointment and wanted to know how our daughter was doing.When she is in hospital he always sees her. He always makes his own phone calls.Promptly. I think he is in a VERY difficult field. I can only just guess what he sees in a year. His profession is a tough one so little is known about the brain so a lot of what they do is experimental in a way. What works for one kido may not work for another. We would not have cared for anyone that told us our daughter had a very different future then what we imagined. I think he is a very intelligent and I am very happy we had the fortune of having his expertise.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2011

This doctor is possibly the worst neurologist you could ever visit. My brother has had a history of seizures and Dr. Prasad could not come up with a definitive answer and changed his mind on every visit before putting it down to stress. Simply the most uncaring, imcompetent and pathetic excuse for a Dr! I don't understand how he is still able to practice medicine. My brother was taken to the ER after having a seizure at school (3rd one in 3 weeks) and Dr. Prasad refused to come and visit him and stood behind the wall talking to the resident. Stay away from this doctor!!! If you are referred, please ask for another one! You are wasting your own time and will get no help from him, just him shrugging his shoulders and referring you to someone else. The Canadian Medical Board needs to take away this Dr's license immediately!!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

Only seen him once for my son, gave us a diagnosis right then and there and made referral to 2 other specialists. This is 4 months ago and only one of the doctors has recieved a referral... other one is missing? He made the referral very vague as well... CPRI in london is still wondering what he wants my son to see them for exactly. We spent more time with his assistant then with him.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2007

Punctual, short wait getting appt's, good bedside manner, soft spoken, never rushes your appt, good with children, but this is where the good ends. He is contradictory, will not give a straight answer, confusing, speaks in generalities, poor advocate for patients. This Dr. changes his opinion with every appt. You would expect a whole lot more from a Pediatric Neurologist that is a supposed expert in epilepsy. Left us totally frustrated/confused and no farther ahead than when we took our son to him 4 years ago. More than willing to assist in getting a second opinion, heck I wish would have skipped the first one. Right back at square one. Simply stated.."bizarre". Has even left other care givers shaking their heads.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2006