I had total knee replacement surgery with Dr. Jones about 10 years ago and I am still going strong. I had unrelated complications and he dealt with them masterfully.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

About 15 years ago Dr. Jones saved my leg. Words cannot express how thankful I am to be able to run now. The pain is still there, that will never go away, but having the ability... Dr. Jones I've been blessed. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Top notch doctor. All business and calls a spade a spade. He scoped my right knee to see what was wrong with it found out I had a torn ACL booked me in for reconstruction and done a fantastic job. He has been awesome throughout the recovery process as well. I would reccomend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Forget the negative comments.. .I had acl reconstruction done...the staff excellent and Dr Jones was top of the list when it comes to knowledge and skill. Do some research on your surgery options before you go in.. .if you need a knee redone don't hesitate for a second if you were referred to Dr Jones. 5 out of 5....thank you to Dr Jones and staff for fixing me up and answering any questions that came up!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I have no complaints about his manner. Rather rude and abrupt, but I can be the same way. I don't want to particularly take him home with me. I think he did his job. I am kinda pissed that he spent 25 MINUTES yesterday (all in my hearing and vision) attending to some fellow with a knee tendon problem. BUT this guy spent his winters in Arizona and boy was he entitled! The good doctor just waxed rhapsodic. I guess they're in the same country club, although I noticed he hadn't paid any more for his visit than I. I'd fall off my chair if I got one tenth ever of the same kind of attention. But to give Dr J his due, my visit was less complicated, it was worth every minute of the two that I got of his attention.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Horrible! He was not helpful at all and I would even call him lazy. He said I needed to be referred to another specialist but wouldn't write the referral....told me to go back to my family doctor and get her to send the referral. I asked him about numerous treatment options and all he did was shrug his shoulders and grin like an idiot but would not comment on any therapy option. A total waste of time!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

I went to Dr Jones to fix my injury. I did not go to him to have him hold my hand and make me feel good about myself. He did what he said he was going to do. End of story.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

I had laposcopic surgery on my knee in April. Dr. Jones was fantastic. He explained the surgery when I went to see him, plus on the follow up he explained what he did & what my options are for the future. He was very caring & knowledgable. I would recommend him in a second. As far as comments saying he is rude & had bad bedside manners. I would beg to differ. Sometimes you only get what you dish out.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Dr Jones was wonderful with my 9 year old. We needed 3 surgeries, 4 casts and many appointments and he always took the time to explain things to me, he gave me options, explained to my son everything that was going to happen, joked around with us and is an EXCELLENT surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Dr. Alan W. Jones's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had total knee replacement surgery with Dr. Jones about 10 years ago and I am still going strong. I had unrelated complications and he dealt with them masterf..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "About 15 years ago Dr. Jones saved my leg. Words cannot express how thankful I am to be able to run now. The pain is still there, that will never go away, but..."

July 15, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.ohsu.edu/". Postal Code has been updated from "S4N0" to "97239". Address has been updated from "None" to "3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15034948811".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Top notch doctor. All business and calls a spade a spade. He scoped my right knee to see what was wrong with it found out I had a torn ACL booked me in for reco..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very impressed with this doctor. We got none of the run around business. He is an excellent surgeon!"

October 29, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Alan" to "Alan W."

June 12, 2013