Ratings for Dr. Virginia L. Hanson

I have to disagree with some of the negative comments I have seen. I saw Dr. Hanson because she was listed as taking my insurance, and I needed a follow-up after receiving abnormal pap smears from my regular family doctor. Dr. Hanson had never seen me before. She recommended a less invasive procedure than the one for which I was scheduled. She took the time to sit with me and explain medically what might be occurring with me. Although I just received a pap smear (no pregnancy or ongoing care), I felt that I received excellent treatment. I was personally notified of the results of my treatment. I would recommend Dr. Hanson to friends/family needing treatment.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010

Dr. Hanson is an amazing woman and a very knowledgeable doctor. She was always personable and never made me feel like just another number. I will recommend her to everyone!! My whole family sees her now and love her so much!! I guess you can not please everyone from the comments below but I had and will continue to have a wonderful experience with her.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2010

It's really hard to find a good Doctor. Love her wouldn't go anywhere else .... I have been going to her for about 20 years.... She's the best.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

A co-worker of mine raved about Dr. Hanson's care for her during her pregnancies. I decided to give her a try for my annual exam. I was so disappointed. She acted as if she couldn't care less. She did not take seriously a concern I had. I later learned that she is considered great to go to for pregnancy but she is not especially interested in just routine care like annual pelvic exams. Her partner, Dr. Brewster, is said to be better for the gynecological issues whereas Dr. Hanson is good for the pregnancy issues. I found the telephone system for learning the Pap smear results to be confusing and ended up not getting my results. I will not return to see her.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2009

She is a great doctor. I had a wonderful experience with my pregnancy. I can't wait to have another baby. labor and delivery was a breeze. I had no pain after and during very minimal. I felt great! Her staff is great and I couldn't ask for a better doctor!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2009

Dr. Hanson delivered my son and it was a great experience from start to finish. She had to do a c-section and everything went well and the baby was healthy. I would tell all my friends to go to her. I want to have another baby and it will be another great experience I am sure. Her staff was very helpful and always polite. Overall a really good doctor and person.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

Dr Hanson treated me for an abnormal pap smear in 2001. Her staff was rude and inconsiderate. When I had questions about the procedure, her staff shuffled my husband and I into an exam room where we sat on the floor until Dr Hanson entered, irritated that I was not ready undressed on the exam table. She recommended and performed treatment that I later learned was unnecessarily invasive and potentially harmful. When she recommended a second invasive treatment I decided to get a second opinion. Her staff challenged my request for a copy of my records, and acted like my records were none of my business. I am so glad that I trusted my instinct to get a second opinion. I would not see Dr Hanson again under any circumstances. I would not recommend her to anyone I care about. I later learned that my sister also had terrible experiences with Dr Hanson.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Dr. Hanson is extremely knowledgable and experienced. My pediatrician told me that he is always happy to see Dr. Hanson in case of an emergency because of her technical expertise and grace under pressure. She literally saved my son's life during delivery. I was given too much anesthesia by the anesthesiologist and suffered a cardiac arrest on the table. Dr. Hanson got my baby out in under three minutes so he could be resuscitated immediately. He is now ten months old--walking and starting to say "Mama" and "Dada"--a very advanced, healthy, happy baby. We LOVE Dr. Hanson and are so grateful for her wisdom and experience. I have nothing but respect and praise for her.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

I went to Dr Hanson while pregnant with my first child. She was always behind/late on appts and when she did finally get to me, she made me feel like a number rather than a person. Very hurried and VERY little compassion. After I delivered my son she was so rough delivering the placenta. Really and truly pulled and yanked like it was a hose and cause me much bleeding. I had 2 other children while in Monterey and went to Dr Walker for those pregnancies. Dr Walker is an absolute ANGEL! I wished I would have found him sooner but at the time Dr Hanson was the only female OB/GYN accepting my insurance. BEWARE! PLEASE steer clear of Dr Hanson and visit Dr Stephen Walker for OB/GYN in Monterey. I really can't say even 1 positive thing about Dr Hanson, and that is a rarity for me!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Dr. Virginia L. Hanson's Credentials

• University Of California, San Diego School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)