Ratings for Dr. Miran W. Salgado

Twas testing me for MS for6 years for nonspecific legions. legions were Migraines-how stupid are people? Why doesn't NYCornell or Columbia Presbyterian hire doctors trained there for the heads of their departments. Terrible diagnostic skill.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

After 12 years with my neurologist he told me he couldn't help me and it was time to "take the next step". I new through my volunteer work with APDA that a Movement Disorder doctor from Methodist was coming to Staten Island one day a week. i took myself over to his office on SI to check it out with a handful of brochures about APDA and a note to call me. I got a phone call that very evening. That was 5 years ago and he has never disappointed. I find Dr. Salgado to be a caring ad knowledgeable physician. He supported me through my DBS surgery assuring me I would have "a better quality of life and I do. In fact all the people I recommended to see him, some dozen or more, thank me. His staff is professional, caring and responsive to requests. I consider myself very lucky and remind him to stay healthy and take care of himself.....we have a long road ahead of us

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I have seen many neurologists in the past but Dr Salgado was able to give an accurate diagnosis with the least number of tests and treated me to give relief from my symptoms. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I have the utmost respect and gratitude for Dr. Salgado and his staff; Tara, Jackie, Erika, Lori at Methodist Hospital for taking extreme measures in seeking the best resolutions with my medical condition; Parkinson’s, depression, anxiety and personal issues such as the lost of my 5 month old grandson with enormous professionalism and kindheartedness throughout the 10 years I have been under his care. Dr. Salgado takes the time needed to discuss thoroughly when prescribing new or changing my medications; new procedures such as DBS and physical therapy, speech and counseling. Then recommends follow-up appointments every three months to make sure all is well. I especially appreciate leaving with a solution and a smile when I have walked into Dr. Salgado’s office having a break-down; crying and sobbing uncontrollably because my medical condition takes me on a merry-go-round. Thank you all so very much.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr.Salgado and his staff are extremely meticulous and helped me with working with my current insurance to acquire the needed treatments i needed to assist with my Spasticity issues

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

When I first came to Methodist hospital, I took a dat scan test and I went to see dr. Salgado. He told me about the Parkinson's support group and one of the great things about it is that his coordinator, Erika, who ensures that I get an email every week about the groups/classes offered as well as to see how I am doing. I lost my sister who was a nurse here for most of her adult life. She would have been proud of the program that dr. Salgado and Erika has at the hospital helping her brother.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr. Salgado is an excellent neurologist! He took so much time helping me figure out my condition, even seeing me on a day he wasn't supposed to be in the office. He doesn't rush your appointment, evaluating everything, checking in with you on how your currently doing, and listening to your concerns. When I came to him I was in so much pain. So many other doctors gave me very limited options since I am pregnant. I now feel so much better and really owe it all to him. His staff, especially his medical assistant Jackie, is amazing! They are awesome, following-up with you and are so kind and patient. I feel very confident in their care and would recommend Dr. Salgado to any friends or family with a neurological concern.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

One of the best doctors in Brooklyn. I love the doctor and his staff

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

His office is total mess!!! They send to the pharmacy wrong precription with incorrect drug name! Waiting time is horrible, also its hard to cal doctor with question. He never return a call and he never follow up!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Staff not helpfull assistant talks for the doctor I will not recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Dr. Miran W. Salgado's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)