Ratings for Dr. Oona Khan

Better not to go there if you have HMO. PPO is still fine. Be careful when you go for general checkups. She will add more for nothing.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

Dr Khan never returns phone calls. Her people always call you and if you have a question they have to ask her and then call you back again. Time consuming and annoying. One time I had to beg for some tests to be done and she basically rolled her eyes at me. When the results came back it showed really low iron levels. I started taking supplements and feelt better within days. She also tried to put me on antidepressants a couple of times without me being depressed. I was under a lot of stress at the time. Antidepressants should NOT be your first solution to stress. One other time she put me on allergy meds for a couple of months because she was convinced I had allergies. I was very sceptic but did as I was told. After 2 months I asked (begged) to be tested for allergies. The result? No allergies what so ever! I don't trust this doctor and would not recommed her. She is very close minded, rude, unprofessional and always in a hurry! Why be a doctor if you don't want to help people?

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Dr Khan started out as a GREAT doctor BUT I ultimately became very disappointed with her bedside matter and rude time management. I walked by her office on my way into the medical room and waited for 20 minutes. I went to the bathroom and STILL saw her on her computer. At that point I asked for a refund of my copay and have never gone back. If I was 20 minutes late to my doctor appointment they would have turned me away!!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

I've had Dr. Khan as a primary for 2 years now and have been more and more disappointed with every visit to the office. Her bedside manner is terrible. She is dismissive and basically has one hand on the door when you're telling her why you're there. Would not recommend this doctor. I'm now looking for a new one.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

So far so good. I work at Cedars and had the choice of many doctors in the network. I was very pleased with her punctuality, bedside manner, and help with my problems. I have spoken to many Cedars employees who recommended Dr. Khan, and I am very happy with her so far. The staff was wonderful.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

Impolite and unhelpful. After being abused by a staff member I left her office tears reported her staff to upper management at the Cedars Sinai to no avail. Make sure all prescription changes are in writing including directions for over the counter medication, incase of a denial of dosage changes and additons. Be your own advocate!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

very uncaring. doctor and staff. seems like she would walk in the room, and have one hand on the door to exit. really poor bedside manner..

flag | Submitted September 17, 2010

Staff did not even give eye contact when the blurted to "have a seat"!, and the MD appt was a waste of time, parking money, and insurance visit money. She offered no interest in my health care. She acted like she was not interested in doing anything but moving on to the next patient, she didn't even want to do basic testing. I was looking for a primary care MD, and I will NOT recommend, or go back to her again. Maybe the earlier post that were positive were before the obvious burnout phase she is apparently in at this time. She never answered my questions, she would only give vague responses. Do not go to her if you value your time, health, and insurance coverage cost.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Dr. Khan treated me as if she worked for the insurance company. I waited 4 months for the appt and it was a waste of time. I went in for metabolic testing as well as hormone levels etc. Good things to do in your 40's but she said unless I wanted to get pregnant it was worthless. "You can't change Hormones, they are what they are" I asked another doctor about this statement and she was shocked that anyone would tell me this! Steer clear of this doctor if you want or need help. All she cares about is what your insurance will cover. We talked more about Blue Cross and other patients trouble with payments for most of the appt.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Very disappointed with my care thus far. Doctor very closed minded and set in the corporate and western way of medicine. Not really willing to listen to patient, and thinks she knows everything.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

Dr. Oona Khan's Credentials

• Mandarin

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)