Ratings for Dr. Lawrence D. Lurvey

I had the pleasure of being Dr. Lurvey's patient while I was under Kaiser's insurance for my last job. I never had a male obgyn who understood be, but Dr. Lurvey did. He knew when I'd made my decision (decades ago) to not have kids, that I was coming to that choice after much thought. He didn't question my desire for a more permanent form of BC, and respected my decisions to go with an IUD. That turned out to be terrible for me, and I needed an emergency removal of it, but the whole time I was in pain, he was available via email or phones. I am exceptionally sad that I am unable to continue care with him with the new ins that comes with the new job.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Dr. Lurvey is my favorite doctor I've ever had - no exaggeration. In part this is because he is extremely funny, but also someone I felt so comfortable with - I actually kind of wished he were a friend outside of the visits. I did not have my c-section with him because mine was an emergency.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

I had a terrible experience when Dr. Lurvey delivered my first child by c-section. He was the MD on duty; I'd never seen him before when he walked into my room and said "I'm Dr. Lurvey, you need a c-section." I found his bedside manner to be nothing short of awful. I wanted to avoid a section and when things went badly he had a very "see, I told you so" attitude. I ended up getting a nasty infection and my incision burst open when he tried to remove the staples a week after surgery; it took seven weeks of home health care to recover from that experience. I definitely would not see Dr. Lurvey again under any circustances.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2008

Dr. Lawrence D. Lurvey's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1993)