Ratings for Dr. Cheryl A. Serr

Dr. Serr does not take overweight patients (BMI > 33) other than for annual exams. I am not sure how she can be on call at Mercy Medical if she doesn't even see overweight patients. If you are overweight, Dr. Serr will spend a lengthy amount of time advising on diet and exercise (She is passionate). Dr. Serr cannot help with fertility issues, per her. She uses an outside specialist. On the positive side, Dr. Serr has always been pleasant and honest. Nurse Practioner Whiley (whom you will see a majority of the time) and staff are fantastic. I had been going for over 5 + years but finally had to find a doctor who could act both as my OB and GYN, if my husband and I decide (or fate decides for us) to have more children. I cannot deal with the uncertainty of “what if I weigh too much to be accepted.”

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

Was told I wasn't pregnant by the NP , that I had brain tumor instead.. Guess what I am pregnant, no brain tumor. When I told the office what had happened, they stated "if we did catch a brain tumor you would be thanking us, unfortunately you are just pregnant." If you want to hate your doctor and possibly endanger your child... please become a patient here.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Absolutely Rude!!! will never go here again! No urgency!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

She is the WORST GYN I have ever had! Thanks to her mistakes, I almost bled to BLED TO TWICE! (1) She gave me the WRONG PRESCRIPTION. (2) I told her I was on blood-thinners but in her written instructions before my GYN SURGERY, SHE FAILED to tell me to stop taking them! I trusted her & almost died because of it. ALSO, she is very rude & predjuced against overweight women! She actually called me a liar because I said I got Diabetes BEFORE I became overweight! She told me to just admit I got Diabetes because I was fat & made rude remarks when I said I was average weight when I got Diabetes. Of course, her rudeness aside, I DID almost die due to her giving me the wrong meds that made me bleed and her FAILURE to tell me to stop my blood thinner before her surgery on me! I tremble every time I remember almost bleeding out because of her mistakes. Thank God I have a COMPETENT on/GYN now.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Dr Serr and Wiley are wonderful! I was comforted by their knowledge and experience. Throughout my pregnancy they always answered every question I had before I had a chance to ask it and Dr Serr was always there for me when I needed her. Their service is superior!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Became a patient of Dr.Serr's in 3/2012. Was seen there for 2yrs. 6/2014 found a new FANTASTIC OB who told me I should not have been suffering through unnecessary biopsies like I had been for the past 2 yrs. Dr.Serr should've performed the LEEP procedure back in 3/2012. I had been having abnormal paps since 9/2009. My new doctor told me that the protocol is to monitor low grade abnormalities in cervix but that by the 2 yr mark a LEEP should be performed if the body has not rid itself of the abnormality. Oh, and by the way, I endured excruciating pain with each of the approx 4 cervical biopsies that Dr.Serr performed on me!! She NEVER offered anything, such as a cervical block, to reduce pain. Oh, and the comments about Dr.Serr being a fattist are true. She is biased against overweight people. My observation is that she has a few extra pounds. I feel relieved to have left Dr.Serr's practice and I now have a new, competent doctor.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Ignored advise from 2nd medical opinion which caused great pain, hardship and unneccessary surgery. Erroneously diagnosed "cancer" and report to family. Very poor pain management support from staff and doctor. Staff rude and challenging on phone.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I feel like Dr. Cheryl Serr is not very friendly. Her Staff is horrible too! You feel like a number not a person. When you pay for great insurance, ect.. you should get quality service. The one person in the office I did liked was Kelly G.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

I absolutely HATE going to the Doctor and the Ob/Gyn is the WORST. She is down to earth and comfortable and if feel much less scared to go to her. I'm surprised at how much certain people don't like her but I guess only the people with bad experiences have a tendency to report it.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

I was an OB patient. There were times where Dr. Serr seemed to rush my appointments but for the most part she took her time with me and was able to answer any questions I had. When my due date drew near she never rushed induction and we tried natural methods. Sure enough I went into labor on my own. At the hospital when I was in labor and it was time to push she was there and super helpful. At the end she said "you did a wonderful job" and that made me feel great. I had super good birth experience (compared to with my son and another doctor) and would recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Dr. Cheryl A. Serr's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Diego, Sch Of Med, La Jolla Ca 92093 (Grad. 1994)